1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using uTorrent on a public computer

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by RustyAxe, Feb 13, 2008.

1. RustyAxe

RustyAxe Member

I've recently become a member of my local country club, which has a computer room with 5 or 6 desktops. They're all networked, with cable internet access.

I downloaded uTorrent, and installed it on one of the systems. I downloaded a torrent file with it, and the speed reached 100KBp/s. The next day i came back, i can only manage 15KBp/s.

Any suggestions on how to set up uTorrent for use on a public computer, and if so to bypass any sort of blocks the system may have set up?

I'm keen to set it up as I'm only able to access dial-up in my new house, thanks to telstra's monopolization of the area, which is practically unusable.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rusty

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

From the sounds of things it sounds as if the network administrator for the country club has put a block on BitTorrent traffic. One thing you could do is enable encryption from within uTorrent. This guide will explain how to properly configure uTorrent.