1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using VirtualDub To Join AVIs Before Encoding

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Robdvd, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Robdvd

Robdvd Guest

virtualdub, trying to join 2 avi files together to make the movie continuos...

doing it as it says in the guide, open file, then append avi segment, what next?.....save it,export it? ..when i tried to save it as avi it was about 45Gb in size.

is there a way to send it straight over to TMPGEnc?

many thanks

Rob

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Your thread title isn't going to get you much help because it doesn't say anything about your problem.

Your problem appears to be that you need to set VirtualDub to Direct Stream Copy. Go to the Video menu and that option will be about halfway down. If it's set to Full Procesing Mode (which it seems to be), VDub will re-encode the files as a single file instead of just joining them. If you haven't set up a codec to compress with it will save the video with no compression, which is why you get the huge filesize. Setting it to Direct Stream Copy before you save it will allow you to save it with no change to the encoding.

You can also frameserve it with the VFAPI frameserver in VDub instead of saving it, but I haven't really used it before so I'll let someone else tackle that question for you.