1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UTMOST Tech dvd+RW

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Eldogg, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Eldogg

Eldogg Guest

I have a Dell Optiplex gx270 with Windows XP Sp2 and I just installed Utmost Tech dvd+rw dd0203model into my system. I get up to my desktop it finds new hardware then I get a quick BSOD and it reboots again and again...I remove the hardware and there is no problem...What is the problem?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Make sure your jumper setting are right on your drive. If on the same IDE cable as another drive ie.. Hard Drive or another ROM drive it will probably need to be put on "Slave" If at all possible you should put your writer on it's own IDE cable as the "Master" though. What is your exact configuration? How many Drives do you have in your PC (Hard Drive's and CD or DVD ROM drives)?

3. Eldogg

Eldogg Guest

I had a dvd-rom and replaced it with the dvd-writer which is set to Master. I tried Cable select but the bios would not pick up the drive.

4. TommyGunn

TommyGunn Guest

ah yes..the old picky cable problem...i had this problem b4 and i still dont get it but i fixed it...i ran the 2 drives on seperate cables..worked fine after that...

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Is the hard drive on the same cable as your writer? If so you will have to put the writer on "SLAVE" not cable select

6. Eldogg

Eldogg Guest

I had to quickly leave yesterday morning and left out one small detail about the gx270 configuration There happens to be 1 more drive in it which happens to be SATA, a 200g SATA Driveis also in the configuration. So what I did was configure the device on a gx260 that had no SATA controllers on the Motherboardand the deviceseems to be working out properly....Thanks for all your help....