1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uTorrent Error: There is not enough space on the disk

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Aidan2209, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Aidan2209

Aidan2209 Member

I'm a regular user of uTorrent and I've been overall happy with its performance. But now every time I open a torrent, the download starts, maybe downloads a tiny bit, and then stops. The message reads, "Error: There is not enough space on the disk" and the download goes back to 0.0%. But the file I'm downloading is 700MB, and I've got over two GB of hard disk space left. Using other programs like Azureus yields the same results. I use windows ME, and I've been reading about FAT32 vs. NTFS, which apparently doesn't apply to ME, but all of the answers talk about files over 4GB, which mine clearly isn't - I generally download files no larger than 700MB, one at a time. So, does anyone have any answers? Any help would be appreciated.

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. glide425

glide425 Member

I am having this exact same problem. If someone knows how to remedy this please let me know! Its quite the PITA!

4. glide425

glide425 Member

Just a bit more detail. Im trying to DL a 4.2 gig DVD to a 750 gig WD My Book. There is over 500 gigs space available and its only a few days old. BUT I also have a 150 gig WD external and it does it to that as well. I have plenty of space but still no download.

5. glide425

glide425 Member

6. Dyno210

Dyno210 Member

Didn't wanna start a new thread since its based on the same topic,

Say my drive wasn't FAT, and was already NTSC
    And i got the same error because of lack of space and was brought on a couple days after(because i did check that i had enough space), it's just that someone else downloaded more files, non-torrent ones to the same drive

Well i made enough space,
    but is it safe to continue on with those downloads, or is there gonna be some weird fragmentation, something to screw me in the long run??

7. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

Dyno210
    It would be safe to use the same ones.

Bittorrent downloads are always fragmented til complete. Torrents are very easily stopped and re-started.
    Your bittorrent client will fill in any missing areas and you will have a complete copy.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  8. Dyno210

Dyno210 Member

Hey thanks a lot man, I appreciate it

9. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

No problem.
    Its always good to see that someone actually comes back and reads answers.

Have a good New Year.