1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Utorrent HELP PLZ!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Richtig12, May 12, 2007.

1. Richtig12

Richtig12 Member

I downloaded utorrent and i have to do all this stuff with my router. I don't understand what I am to be doing with my router. Can anyone help? ASAP PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

2. onya

onya Guest

3. Richtig12

Richtig12 Member

What Is Peer Guaurdian 2

4. Richtig12

Richtig12 Member

PLZ HELP IM SO LOST

5. onya

onya Guest

Peer guardian, basically blocks un-wanted IP addresses from tracking you. These "un-wanted" IP's are the folk who wish to stop you doing, what you are doing with your torrent client (uTorrent). Apparently they get slightly upset at the thought of you getting free stuff...LOL. . I personally only use PG2 when using a torrent client, and is off at all other times. Good luck.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread teleported to relevant forum, where alongside onya's help you will find a multitude of other info, all you gotta do is read it :)

7. Richtig12

Richtig12 Member

It always say network unconnectable for some reason. How do i do it??...and i had it working and the songs it downloaded arent a zune supported format how do i change it.

8. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

sigh...

Like Creaky said; read!

You cannot expect to be spoonfed your way through life.
    All this unconnectable, how to download things, there are so many guides out there, helping you, and telling you exactly what we would tell you, so why not actually look at those links that were provided to you by Onya?

And as for converting to a Zune recognised format, I don't know, because I do not own a Zune, but I know how to find out.

1)Open web browser
    2)Locate address/location bar, click
    3)Type in http://www.Google.com or any other search engine site
    4)The Google home page should launch
    5)On the google search bar type in, "how to convert (audio file extension goes here) to a Zune recognised format"
    6)Hit search or enter, and then READ the results, and click on links etc.

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  9. Richtig12

Richtig12 Member

I do follow the guide, but i cant get my port to forward still.

10. isaac4130

isaac4130 Regular member

What kind of router do you have?
    Make sure you select the proper guide on the 'PortForward.com' guide - including the right version of your router.
    Also make sure that the port you select to forward is the same as the one listed in uTorrent 'connection' box.
    Check your router first - that is the little box that your internet cable is plugged into. The writing on the side will tell you the make & model.
    Then use the port forward guide attached to the uTorrent speed test and go from there.

11. onya

onya Guest

Isaac4130, I do believe this has been covered, and the original poster has been encouraged to read up further on this subject. This is not to disrespect your comment, but merely to point out that spoon-feeding, is not always the best way forward.

12. isaac4130

isaac4130 Regular member

Fair enough - point taken! :)

13. onya

onya Guest

I'm really glad you took it the correct way. There's nothing worse than the written word being misenterpreted. My thanks for your maturity with this regard.

Cheers isaac4130 :)

Steve.

14. Richtig12

Richtig12 Member

Ok I know what a router is, i know alot about all of this stuff, I am just stuck on this program. The program is working now, but that is because i am direct wired right now. My router is a Linksys BEFW11S4 v 1.50.14

15. isaac4130

isaac4130 Regular member