1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Utorrent is Crashing. HELP ME PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ibuddha, Mar 25, 2009.

1. ibuddha

ibuddha Member

I've been using uTorrent since it first came out in the beta days and I've loved the product ever since, its amazing.

However, I just recently update my PC to Vista Ultimate x64 SP1. However, I seem to be having trouble on a certain download. Currently I'm downloading file A and B and seeding file C. If I download File B it works perfectly If I try both A and B it crashes, if I try A alone it also crashes. So I've narrowed it down to File A being the culprit. I really don't want to have to look for a new file similar to A so I set up mt Processor to do that Affinity thing, however this file is kind of large so changing the affinity is kind of annoying.

is there anything I can do to fix this?

I have all the .dmp files if you need to see them.

**update I was going through the setup guide just to make sure I was doing everything correct. I started downloading the test torrent only to have it crash just a minute later. it was going good until It crashed.even with the affinity set.

could it be that now i have 6 gig of mem instead of 2 like before?

** I reinstalled utorrent and everything seemed to work. I left it over night downloading and when I woke up around 7 it had crashed and only gone to about 15% completion. Can some one help me please?

I'm connected through my linksys wrt 54g router to my comcast voip cable modedm.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. borhan9

borhan9 Regular member

I am not sure if you are still around seeing how old this post is however i have had this issue recently and also tested it using two files and it seems when i do both files at the same time it still crashes. When i do a new file that is unrelated to the first one on its own everything is fine. After reading your post i can only come to the conclusion that its a problem with file A and you need to find a new torrent file.

That is what i am going to do after reading your post.

Also i have tested this using another Torrent application and it does not connect to the tracker properly on the second application soo my only guess is its a problem with the torrent file.

Thanks for helping me out and i hope i helped you out although a few years later :)
  4. Mez

Mez Regular member

You are being attacked. You have made 'their' priority list. 'They' have been attacking computers for quite a few years. Another reason to go VPN or some other pay service. I have no idea who 'they' are. Probably a black ops program funded by the media.
  5. Ripper

Ripper Regular member

[​IMG]
  6. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

Seconded, Ripper. The outlook is always the same.
  7. Mez

Mez Regular member

If you update your peerblock list (the new peerguardian) every 6 hrs you may only crash once in a weekend instead of several times. The other helpful thing you can do is reboot before you leave it unattended for a long period of time. You can also try forwarding your port.