1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uTorrent problem (wierd)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ewddy48, Aug 12, 2007.

1. ewddy48

ewddy48 Regular member

I download a file from and all goes well until it gets near that last few minutes downloading using the latest uTorrent and it will not download past 99.9 %. Also sometimes when downloading it will be at 72% and then will drop to 68% and then back up, (doing this many times). At the very last it will say 9 sec left and then go to 1 miute then down to 3 sec and then to 5 min. etc etc (never going past 99.9%.

PS: I have stopped the download at 99.9% and taken the avi file and it does encode with all of the movie there.

Anyone else ever had this problem, did a preference setting get changed or another setting somewhere.....ed

2. 2o9

2o9 Guest

If I were you, I'd clean my system for any harmful files. I think its when you download a file and the program verifies the file to see if its correct. Many people out there try to spread out fake or virus filled files and the program tries to filter that so it moves the % up and down until it gets it right. Another thing is that once it hits 99.9% it downloads to your directory and perhaps it might have activated a anti-virus action or something. Make sure when you download torrents that you check the comments, size and everything. If you think it might be infected dont download it. Get it from a reliable source.

Also, update your program and see if your firewall or antivirus is conflicting with it. Good luck.