1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uTorrent/Rogers/Seeding

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by dexshc, Mar 12, 2007.

1. dexshc

dexshc Member

Hello,

Before I get the standard replies of "read the tutorials" . . . let me tell you that I've read numerous upon numerous tutorials including ones on these forums as well as those on other web sites.

I am using uTorrent on the second computer in my wireless network. I' using a D-Link DI-624 router behind Rogers Internet.

I'm using uTorrent on port 10199 all ports have been forwarded through the routers settings, as well as my windows firewall(on second computer/one using utorrent) and norton as well.

My download speeds are just fine and dandy(close to 150kb/s private tracker)

However, my seeding speed is capped at 2kb/s. I would looooove to seed and be a good tracker member but it's not possibly with my heavy downloading needs.

I'm begging of someone to help me with this!

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Simply put after if your the only one downloading those specific file(s) then you wont be seeding at all. After you have the entire file you will be a seeder and you shouldn't do any downloading during that time. Simple as that.

3. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

im in the same situation(rogers behind a router)!! i have a few completed dl's and i want to upload to keep my ratio up but my uploads go soooo slow. these are all torrents with quite a few peers so i know that its not hte prob. i remember 1-2 years ago, ppl on rogers had to change their ports to 1720 to make their torrent clients work again. i wonder if something similar happened again