1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

utorrent setting question

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by SCL677, Apr 27, 2007.

1. SCL677

SCL677 Member

Like everyone else, I'm also having problem with the dl speed.
    I have read all the threads but it doesn't seem to answer my question.
    I'm running utorrent ver. 1.6.1
    My setting are:

Connection:
    Ramdom port is at default: 58265
    Max upload rate: 8
    Max. dl rate: 0

Bittorrent:
    Global max. connection: 450
    Max. number of connection: 200
    Upload slot per torrent: 3
    Outgoing: Enable

Advance:
    net max half open: 100

I have dsl yahoo and it's not running through a router.
    The port has been open.

My speed test result is: DL: 763kbs UL: 225 kbps

When I pay around with the max ul rate from 10 to 5 my dl speed slow down from 70 kb/s to 40 kb/s but when I change from 5 to 10 kb/s my dl speed jump to 130 kb/s then slowly decreases to 70 kb/s.
    How can I fix this?? My max dl is only 70 kb/s. with 40 seeds.
    I've also run the patch but that didn't help.
    Any suggestion???

2. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Judging by the tests results you posted DL: 763kbs UL: 225 kbps
    you should get a download speed of upto 95.375 kB/s, so I would argue that 70 kB/s is not a bad speed for you, even people with the fastest of connections sometimes get these speeds on torrents, because it all depends on how fast those seeders are uploading, so unless if you want to go around giving everyone who seeds a supreme connection, you are going to get those kind of speeds.
    Remember you say 40 seeds, but also remember out of those 40 seeds how many of them are also connected to other peers? Many of them I guess.

If you are still worried and believe it not to be the torrent but your set up, I think you should test the theory first, how you do this is by going to OpenOffice take one of their torrents, and test it to see what speed you get, remember to let it run for a bit (like 40 minutes) before deciding to stop it, observe regularly, at intervals of about 10 minutes.

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  3. isaac4130

isaac4130 Regular member

Keep in mind that on bigger files uTorrent takes a while to wind up to max speed - like about 30mins.
    Like BluRay mentions, it all comes down to people's upload speeds. If they're all uploading at 8mbs like yourself, then that gives you 320 to share around between all the peers also connected to those guys.
    Finally - 70kbs isn't all that bad imho! Stuck here in New Zealand with our terrible ISP's I'm lucky to pull 50k on a really good day! :D