1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uTorrent SOOOO SLOW

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by HitMan201, Jun 2, 2007.

1. HitMan201

HitMan201 Member

hey there, i've been trying all day to get my download speeds up and nothing seems to work, i've tried turning firewall off using the random port option, turning UPnP thing on and off but nothing seems to work. My download speeds are lucky to make it to 10kb/s and my uploads go to 30kb/s. I am in desperate need. Thanks in advanced

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Try this, disable UPnP and set a port over 10,000, 34450 is one I have used and at options>preferences>connection, enable Protocol Encryption: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/395674 and you can enable both DHT options but only on public sites. You can set Global maximum connections and maximum connected peers to 250-350. Make sure your connection type in speed guide is set correctly for your upload and if you use a router, it will have to be port forwarded and maybe a static address set as well. Also, check this list to see if your ISP is on it: http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs and make sure that utorrent is set as an exception in your firewall.

3. HitMan201

HitMan201 Member

TY, it seems to be going much faster, the highest point so far is around 60-70kb/s. thanks again

4. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Also, just to add onto Mistycat's superb advice ;), most torrents take time to speed up. 50-60 is what I consider average on torrents with many leechers.

Another thing to remember is, sometimes torrents won't go to the speed you want it to mainly because that the bandwidth required to provide you with that speed (as in seeders seeding at a high speed) just is'nt there, so don't always think your configuration is bad, if you know that you have done everything by the book.

5. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Also, If you're greedy like me, and want to completely stop upload, limiting it to 1 kbps, is not a great Idea, this will destroy your download speed also.