1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!!! UTORRENT SPEED PROBLEM--please help !!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by swamis, Aug 17, 2007.

1. swamis

swamis Member

ok...here it goes.

I have utorrent 1.7.2

here is my speed result from speak easy

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/...easyresults.jpg

i have verizon fios 15/2. i have windows vista home premium..1024 ram and cor 2 duo....every seems to be fine and i think my speed is good too but i cant get fast downloads.. on the download speed on u torrent the max i hit is 146.2kB/s which i think is bad and upload is 186.2 kB/s max.

can someone calculate all the setting i need to set in the utorrent and reply to this..i really need help.. im trying to download this 10gb collecting of cartoons from mininova..

i need the calculation for up/dl speed and all the other setting

i would really appreciate this

how do i max the stupid speed...................

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

Well the link says page not found.

But, with uTorrent it is easy to get proper settings.

Under Options/Speed Guide there will popup a screen with a link to a speed test and a "connection type" pulldown menu, which covers most speed types. This is based upon your upload speed on the test(in bits "b"). This will automatically adjust your setting in uTorrent for your connection speed. (Press "Use Selected Settings" after change)
    Since you already have the speed test results, you just have to chose the connection speed.
    I did not see you mention a router, if you don't have one, then those settings should get you the best speed.
    If you have a router you may have to adjust max global connections to around 200, as routers will have trouble with too many open connections.

It could also be the other people you are uploading from in the swarm. You can't get faster downloads than they can upload.

3. swamis

swamis Member

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  4. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

I can give you some numbers, but you may have to make some adjustments downward on the max golbal connections if you have trouble with the router. (much nicer speeds than me, BTW)
    What is the router make and model?

Based upon 1723kbs (215kBs) upload rate:

Options/Preferences/Bittorrent
    438 Global maximum number of connections
    175 Maximum number of connected peers per torrent
    6 Number of upload slots per torrent

options/preferences/connection
    172 maximum upload rate (kBs) (80% of max upload-higher will slow downloads and internet)

options/preferences/queueing
    3 Maximum number of active torrents (upload or download)
    2 Maximum number of active downloads

Press "apply" and "OK"