1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

utorrent speeds a lot slower since install of home sp2

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by weir63, May 16, 2007.

1. weir63

weir63 Member

i recently did a clean install of my pc installing home sp2 and things seem to be working ok. The problem is now my utorrent is running a lot slower than before when i was hitting 100+ now its lucky to reach 50 anyone got an idea where i have gone wrong ?

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

This was probably just in my head but I thought any version after 1.6, build 474 was slower. Got it here and turned off automatic update at options>preferences>general: http://www.filehippo.com/download_utorrent/ Again, probably imagined it but there is also the matter of Bram Cohen and the MPAA. Also, make sure your ip address is entered correctly if you use a router.

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

4. weir63

weir63 Member

thanks for the advice mistycat, i have tried out all the things u have said , but now its running dwl speeds of no more than 60kbs and thats off of 8 seeds and 31 peers is this a normal rate?

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

That's a decent speed considering those 8 seeds are sharing with 31 peers. At speed guide, does the port show as open, if so you'll just have to wait?

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

A couple more settings to try are at options>preferences>connection, disable UPnP port mapping and at options>preferences>bittorrent, enable both DHT options but only for public sites. Make sure your upload rate is entered correctly at speed guide>connection type. I should have added these before.

7. weir63

weir63 Member

i made all the changes you suggested mistycat and yes i agree that that was a good speed for that torrent but now im dowloading a torrent with 186 seeds and 12 peers and again still it just touches on 60.
    this is my speed guide settings....
    connection type ( current settings)
    uploadlimit - 100
    upload slots 3
    connections 200
    connections (global)450
    max active torr 2
    max active dwld 1
    enable encryption is on

what do you think ?

8. mistycat

mistycat Active member

The only other thing I know to check is your upload limit; this is an excellent site and very accurate if you wish to use it (same servers as at dslreports.com, I think): http://www.speedtest.net/ Use the upload result at connection type in speed guide (keep your other settings) but check your speeds over a few days to get an accurate average. You don't have more than one software firewall installed and is utorrent listed as an exception? Also, at speed guide, when you check your port, does it show as open?