1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Utorrent tries to send email of some sort Zone Alarm pops up when Utorrent was running, help required, please

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by BluRay, Mar 10, 2007.

1. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Hi, I have been useing utorrent along with ZA for ages now, never have I got this message, what should I do? And why would UT want to send emails? Please help me, thank you all in advance
    [​IMG]

2. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

Did you start receiving this after an upgrade to the latest version of uTorrent? Last December, BitTorrent acquired uTorrent. That means that uTorrent is now owned by people that have dealt with anti-P2P companies and MPAA companies before.

Now I don't know enough about it, or the SMTP mail message you received, but there is a lot of chatter in the P2P community that the latest versions of uTorrent have been compromised.

I still use uTorrent, just an older version. I'm also curious to see what the firewall alert really is. :p

3. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Hey RCRocket!

I have been useing Utorrent 1.6, for ages now, and I have NEVER got this message, I think you are right about this BitTorrent Inc, and compremise theory here, because shortly after getting this message I checked out some sites, includeing AD, all points to the suggestion of a new 'clean up' scheme.

And yes this happened after an 'update' which I did today, and about an hour later, this message popped up, now this is not an manual update where by I go their website and get the latest installer, this was an update where when I opened utorrent, a messaged poped up telling me that there had been 'improvements' made to UT 1.6, at the time I had no idea of the BitTorrent Inc. buying out Utorrent, yes I am out of touch ;), as much as I hate to admit it.

I have no idea how to get rid of this 'update' and I am guessing they are not distributeing the old Utorrent versions anymore, only the new ones, but luckily I have my old installer still on my HDD, so I can uninstall UT, totally, and reinstall older version.

Anyhow sorry for makeing this soooo long, RCRocket thanks for getting back to me ;)

More information on this, however, is MORE THAN>> appreciated, Thanks Everyone!

4. ashforthd

ashforthd Member