1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uTorrent - WHAT am I doing wrong? 4kbps? WTF?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by jernobyl, Mar 18, 2007.

1. jernobyl

jernobyl Member

Hi. I'm using uTorrent, and it's really starting to grate on me. Not just uTorrent, the whole goddamn thing. The situation is as follows:

Belkin F5D7360-4uk router.
    My laptop has a Belkin G+ wireless card (brand new, not faulty)
    Speed tests show our download speed as 1500+kbps.
    There is NO firewall on this connection.
    I have an internal static IP.
    The port uTorrent is using is open and forwarded in the router's setup.
    I have followed this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/335210 exactly.
    I AM on Tiscali and I AM aware that they have a fair usage policy but as far as I can see that only applies 6pm-11pm, and it's not between those times.
    Sometimes uTorrent crashes my internet connection completely and I have to reset it.
    For the torrent I'm downloading (the new episode of Lost) there are 11350 seeds and 4458 peers, yet at any one time I think I only ever seen it connect to 10 seeds and 5 peers.
    Very recently I have seen me connected to 40 peers...
    AND YET I AM STILL GETTING DOWNLOAD SPEEDS LESS THAN 10KBPS.

I'm going mental here. Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

2. jernobyl

jernobyl Member

Okay, now it's just plain now connecting to ANY seeds, 0kbps download and upload speeds, and whenevr I start uTorrent, it crashes my net connection. This is driving me crazy.

3. jernobyl

jernobyl Member

Hello? A little help here? I feel I have a valid situation.

4. bkf

bkf Guest

Im may be going out on a limb here but as I know (maybe) utorrent 1.6 version 474 was the last stable build before it was sold. What the newer versions do I have no idea but I don't trust them. The low speeds just may be your ISP doing it's thing reguard less of what they say to the public. 474 has no issues.

Also try direct connect to the wall with nothing in between. That would rule out all network issues except your wall to isp connection as no forwarding would be needed in any form. (except for a firewall like the MS firewall) where you just click yes.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2007
  5. mistycat

mistycat Active member