1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V erbatims

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by essay55, May 21, 2007.

1. essay55

essay55 Regular member

I noticed Verbatims DVD-R tonite made in Taiwan @12.99 for a cake of 50 at Best Buy. What's wrong with this pic? From what I gather Verbatim is excellent media, why so cheap? How do I know if it's true quality?

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

They are just on sale and are typically on sale for about the same price...just because they are considered quality doesn't mean they have to be expensive. The ones from Best Buy are genuine as well and AFAIK I've never heard of any fake verbatims.

3. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

Echoing what LOCOENG said, these are fine. I have used them for a couple of years (8X and now 16X) and I have never had a problem. I bought 4 50-pks on Sunday -- 2 for my son and 2 for me.

Hmmmmm...now that I think about it, the only problem is, I'm usually the only one that pays. :)

4. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

Yep, it was long overdue for me. So I bought 5 spindles. lol

I've never had problems with 8x/16x +R Verbs. They've been perfect for me. In all sincerity, I don't think i've spit out a coaster yet--i've been using them for close to 3 years.

5. LOCOENG

I just got 100 TY's in the mail, but I'll probably still stop by and pick up a couple spindles myself.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

if you like Verbatim and you buy inkjet printables..... here is a great buy:

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

something wrong with the link..... it won't post correctly!
    I guess you have to copy and paste the link above.

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  8. LOCOENG

I think you need to write some text between the brackets IHOE....would be a good deal if I used -R's.

9. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I know....... I don't use -Rs too much either but can. My BenQ drives love the +Rs as compared to the -Rs! Anyway.... I buy Taiyo Yudens by the bunch.... very seldom do I burn Verbatims.... I am just a
    Taiyo Yuden fan! nothing wrong with Verbs! Just a TY fan here.

10. jony218

jony218 Guest

For right now I would recommend to stay away from Verbatim DVD-16X especially if they code out as (MCC03RG20). Those right now have been know to have issues (low quality burn's). I only bought 2X25 packs several months back and the quality test on NERO where as low as 30 percent. Read the post for "media sales for 5/20 - 5/26", there are numerous user's who have bad expierences with 16X DVD(-). Don't risk buying 4 or 5 packs of bad media, just buy one and test it. I just bought 2X50 packs of verbatim 16X DVD+. When I got home , I checked the forums and found out that some of the DVD+ are made in India. I was lucky, when I checked my bag they were made in taiwan, next time I'll check that in the store.The made in India are just slightly lower quality. The verbatim 16X DVD+(MIT) are excellent media, I would recommend those instead.

11. LOCOENG

I haven't bought -R media in years, but thanks for the heads up. I can actually see a decline in the +R from 8X to the 16X but it isn't anything drastic.

12. bratcher

bratcher Active member

If you like Verb -R 4x media then try this 200 pack deal with free shipping.

http://www.supermediastore.com/verb...WT.mc_id=070522emailMemorial_7020_DV-001-1516

Expires on the 24th according to the email ad I have. Free shipping too! I got 200 of these fromMeritline last week at the same price but had to pay shipping. Should have waited for this sale instead.

Anyway the media burns great, plays back great & prints very well. Who needs 16x when 4x is lots cleaper unless your really in a hurry to burn discs.....

13. monomach

monomach Member

Those are MCC03RG20 (Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.).

Very good discs, just on sale.

14. essay55

essay55 Regular member

I would like to thank everyone for the feedback on the Verbatim's. I agree that quality doesn't always equate to expensive. I just wanted to be confident when purchasing these. Based on the feedback I will be sure to purchase a spindle of them. What is the difference between
    -R and +R? I have always purchased -R's based on advice from a Best Buy reprensentative. Please advise...