1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v1.50 + 4gb ms card

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ppk79, Apr 27, 2007.

1. ppk79

ppk79 Guest

Hi All,

My first post so please be gentle.

I have a psp which was originally a Jap v2.00. I downgraded successfully to v1.50 and everything runs great. However, I purchased a Sandisk 4gb ms pro duo from a retailer which is not being picked up in the psp? It is recognised on the PC via a reader and work fine but the PSP will not recognise it at all.

I have confirmed with Sandisk that the card is genuine. I also have a fake Sony HS 2gb card which work great so no idea why the 4gb is not working.

I've just run 3.03 OE-C Custom Firmware via my 2gb card and the psp still won't pick up the 4gb card - any ideas???

Many Thanks

2. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

hmm...where did u bought your memory stick, could be a fake..
    did u format the memory stick with your psp??

3. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

Didnt 1.50 have a size limit on memory cards? I think the later firmwares supported 4 gb, but not 1.50.

I may me wrong, though, so hopefully someone can confirm.

~Rich

4. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

yes.1.5 has a size limit(2gb i think)
    but since he put the memory stick in his 3.03 OE, it cant be the porblem of firmware

5. ppk79

ppk79 Guest

Purchased the ms from a UK retailer and confirmed it is genuine from Sandisk.

Formatted the card using Fat32 and Fat via command prompt but still not recognised in psp - works fine in PC via card reader though.

1. Not a fake
    2. Formatted as above
    3. Updated custom firmware to 3.03 OE-C

Anything else?

Cheers

6. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

wehn u put ur memory stick in,how many free space does it show??

7. Shaunuy

Shaunuy Member

It won't show anything. As far as i know, firmware 2.8 above supports 4GB memory stick. Try upgrading to one of the OE firmware and try slotting in your memory stick. It should work.

8. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

he has OE firmware

9. Shaunuy

Shaunuy Member

I see, but im not sure how to help him.

10. ppk79

ppk79 Guest

The MS is not even picked up so I can't tell how much it can read.

The System info reads 3.03 OE-C so not sure what firmware will pick it up???

11. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

it's acually a physical thing in the mobo that can be cut in order to fix the problem,
    there is a guide online somewhere that can tell u

12. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

just get the 3.03oe-c winstaller google it then once u have dun that it will be reinstalled and should work m8 ps.tel me if i dus

13. ppk79

ppk79 Guest

No luck with this either, going to change the 4gb for a 2gb as I know that works

14. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

wel i mean use a different memory card to update it to that because urs dus not work

15. ppk79

ppk79 Guest

I did, used wininstaller while the 2GB card was in the psp, successfully updated then switched to 4gb but still not recognised!

???

16. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

WTF!! so wot version did u update to

17. ppk79

ppk79 Guest

I updated to 3.03oe-c manually via the card (2gb) and then tried the 4gb card.

I then did this again but with the wininstaller but the 4gb card is still not picked up.

Sorry, do I need to downgrade to 1.5 then update to 3.03oe-c using wininstaller?

18. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

no just reinstall it u can even go down from 3.40oe-a to 3.03oe-c just run the installer

19. ppk79

ppk79 Guest

Ran the exe for 3.03oe-c wininstaller, followed the instructions and successfully updated the psp. Switched off the psp and started again - reads 3.03oe-c. I then swap the card to the new 4gb one, the MS light keeps flashing but the memory stick is not picked up.

Have I missed something?

20. daz2007

daz2007 Regular member

the file system on the 4gb memory stick might be unreadable on the psp
    so plug the 4gb in the computer then go to disc management and format the 4gb memory stick in FAT afterward put the formated memory stick in the psp then format the psp again via the option and then format memory stick afterword it should work fine