1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V10 skipping alot even with good media!! please help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by maulucci, Mar 6, 2005.

1. maulucci

maulucci Member

Hi my brother in laws v10 ps2 is having a crappy time reading disks. It started out good for the first week and then now skips and takes forever to load. If I use the disks in my V4 they work great. the disks are verbatims 1x-4x dvd+4 burned at 2.4x (the slowist I can do). I have tried cleaning the lens and that doesn't help and I tried using a dvd-R as well. is there problems with the V10?

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

A lot of people have that issue from burning too fast. I have had that problem too, when burning faster than 1x.

3. maulucci

maulucci Member

it is not a problem of burning too fast b/c games work on my V4 just not the V10. it should be the other way around b/c v4 isn't great with dvd+r's. I have tried reinstalling the fliptop and nothing works.

for anyone wiht a v10, what media works best with it.

4. djliamc

djliamc Guest

i have the exact same problem my v4 played my backups perfect then when i got my v9 the same backups skipped on the cutscenes and the video and sound arent syncronised.

5. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

my suggestion...if you did everything that you think you could do to fix it. take it back to the store (that if the console was just bought within 30 days) and exchange it for a new one. it could be the laser on it is bad or something is wrong with the console, but then you had install a flip top on it. if you can't take it back, have the laser replaced.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2005