1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V11 Playstation 2's

Discussion in 'PS2' started by limits, Jan 20, 2005.

1. limits

limits Member

Hows it going all :), im just here to say that if you have a v11 (50001 i believe) ps2, DVD-R's DO NOT WORK no matter what the brand media is i bought one from ebgames about a week ago and had no luck with memorex, maxell, ritek g04's, or prodiscs (all dvd-r), sad thing is i never tried dvd+r's so im not sure if the v11 console works period with backups.. just a heads up.. but good news is, i took my v11 back and exchanged for my old V7 that i broke a while back and everything just plays so perfect :) even with memorex dvd-r's.. no lag, no errors, no problems! but i would recommend better media just because the wear and tear on laser (Get ritek g04's or prodiscs with azo dye (pioneer certified)) i hope this helps some people out because i felt like i would never get that ps2 to play backups and it was really pissing me off :/ GL EVERYONE :) hope this clears some stuff up.

2. limits

limits Member

oh btw, if someone can correct me on this last post then im terribly sorry for mentioning it, maybe i just got a bad ps2 (it happens :/).. basically if you get a new ps2 and cant play dvd-r movies that you've burned that worked in an old ps2 you had then you cant play backups with that media (-r or +r whichever)

3. Knivez

Knivez Regular member

hmm i have same problem... i can work dvd+r fine (even if their the shitties quality) but when i use dvd-r it only works every 1/20th times