1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v12: Are Patches still necesary?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by mikemann, Apr 13, 2005.

1. mikemann

mikemann Member

-I have a new Slim PS2 (v12).
    -I have ordered Swap Magic 3.3 and the little plastic doo-hickey for tricking the PS2 into not noticing that I'm opening the lid. It should be here tonight
    -I have two games that I have already backed up onto my PC hard drive as MDS/MDF files using Alcohol120%

Before I start burning these (and possibly making all kinds of coasters), can someone tell me if I need to apply patches to the images? I've heard that with the v12 just a straight burn of an image will be ok, so long as I'm using good media and a slow burn speed.

Does anyone have any experience burning backups and playing on a v12 using Swap Magic 3.3? Do you have to apply a patch?

Thanks!
    Mike

(x-posted)

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

depends on what game it is. search the forum for that game and it will tell you. BTW having a v12 is no different than any other version when it comes to patching.

3. mikemann

mikemann Member

Hey sly, thanks for the clarification! I wasn't sure if the version had any effect. Appreciate the reply!