1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V180 - questions about modem use...

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by lothlor, Apr 26, 2005.

1. lothlor

lothlor Member

Hi all,

I have gotten my V180 phone connected/installed on my laptop thanks to all of the wonderful help here :) Thank you!

Now...when I try to use it as a modem to dial into work it wont let me connect. The Mobile Phone Tools shows Transmission disabled, and Reception disabled when my phone is connected.

I do not have GPRS data plan or anything like that from cingular (my carrier) - is that the issue?

Is there anything I can do to just use the phone as a analog dialup modem? Will "unlocking" the phone do this for me?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

Lothlor

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i guess u have to check Cingular if they support this service.....

3. lothlor

lothlor Member

Ok - Figured out what I needed to do and figured I should share it so it may help others:

1 - The V180 does not support analog modem mode (to dial into what number you want) appearently
    2 - My plan does include "ad-hoc" internet access via GPRS (@ .04/KB I think) - your may be different...
    3 - The default dialup connection to cingular GPRS that gets setup by the Mobil Phone Tools is for something else (not sure what)
    4 - Finally, to connect via GPRS I had to use the following:
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

Also - I got this info from here (and there are a lot of other connection settings in here as well): http://www.discusswireless.com/foru...orum_F51/Cingular_Carrier_Data_Settings_P838/

Hope that all helps someone else!

THanks,

Lothlor