1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v220 battery

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by aquaria, Jan 1, 2005.

1. aquaria

aquaria Member

Hi,

I just got my v220 2 days ago, and i find the battery stinks! I've used it for 30 minutes so far, uploaded 2 mp3's taken about 10 pics and i already have 3/5 bars left. This is respectable? Like i can't believe the battery stinks so bad. Should i go back and ask for another battery or what? MAn i like this phone but the battery life sucks...

2. aquaria

aquaria Member

can someone tell me how long their v220 battery lasts for please?

3. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

I can probably leave my phone on for about a week without really using it before the battery runs out. Generally I recharge mine about every 4-5 days. If you are always talking on the phone or playing games or something, then about every 2-3 days. My wife has a V400 and uses hers ALOT! When her battery reaches 2 of 7 ticks, she recharges it. I just wait til mine says, "Hey buddy, I'm not solar powered, how 'bout pluggin' me up to some electrical current."

You mentioned your phone only has 5 bars. My V220 has 7 as well as my wife's V400 - of course I'm looking at the Battery Status screen in the Tools Menu. There is no telling how many different versions of the V220 Motorola made.

4. aquaria

aquaria Member

Thanks for the reply. Damn i better get a new battery replacted quickly.

Did you do any super charge or something when you got the phone? I fully charged it the first time i got the phone, and than drained it fully, and fully charged it. Maybe i'm supposed to charge it for like 14 hrs or something.

5. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

I did the same thing you did. It appears that all V220's are NOT created equally. Is your battery a Motorola 3.6V Lithium Ion? Mine doesn't indicate the mAh number. Does yours? Mine is probably a 750mAh, and from your description yours could be a lower capacity like 650mAh or something.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  6. aquaria

aquaria Member

Yup i just checked, mine's a 3.6V