1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v220 Games

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by x0rcist, Jan 2, 2005.

1. x0rcist

x0rcist Member

Can anybody help me send some java games to my v220 phone? i followed step by step instructions that someone posted in this forum but i couldnt get past step 3..i have windows xp sp 1 installed and a cable to link phone to pc ( it works with mobile phone tools or watever ) but i couldnt get this to work i havem idway and pst could i get any help please?

2. x0rcist

x0rcist Member

bump does anybody know if its possible to do it with mobile phone tools v3?

3. motodude

motodude Guest

What exactly are you getting stuck on?

4. x0rcist

x0rcist Member

nevermind i got it now im just looking for a splintercell game that will fit my screen

5. cpuwhiz

cpuwhiz Member

· How to install mobile phonetools

· How to install games or apps on Vxxx E398 & T720/i

· How to make a video clip for V300,V500,V525

· How to make a MP3 ringtone from any MP3

· How to change your start up & shut down sound

· How to make a 3GP video for your phone

Shout boxEmail me:moto2u2@hotmail.com

·· How to install mobile phonetools

Need MPT'S then click HERE.

How to install mobile phonetools

Note: The new windows SP2 pack can cause connection problems (Blocks ports) if need be uninstall SP2 pack.

All versions of phonetools install the usb data cable drivers there should be no need to download and install these drivers manually.

Install the old version 1.23 this version will not locate your phone so then install the upgrade 2.21b which will.

Phonetools 2.0 from a original c.d. or phonetools 3 will do a complete install.

Important note for new model owners. You need to install both parts as above. Phonetools is still not going to locate your phone. So click cancel on the phone setup wizard. You then need to run the live update. You can find this option in menu on the onscreen phone. One or more update's should be found, Tick them all and install. Phonetools should then find your phone and finish installing. Version 3.19 is the latest version at present.

Important note for E398 owners you need to use the phonetools that came with the phone or phonetools 3 plus you need to remove the flash ram card or your p.c. will see your phone as a storage device not a phone. You can replace the card once phonetools is installed.

Manually installing the drivers: Mobile phonetools software should install these the first time the setup wizard is run. If your phone is not located by the wizard then you can install the drivers manually. This may or may not work so just try & see. To do this first go into control panel, click on add hardware and after it's done a search for hardware put a dot in: Yes i have already connected my hardware. Click next. Scroll down the list of components, at the bottom you will see: Add a new hardware device. Click it & click next. Put a dot in: Install the hardware that i manually select from a list. Click next. Scroll down to modems, click it & click next. Put a tick in: Don't detect my modem i will select it from a list. Click next. Now on this part don't select any off the list just click: Have disk. Now you need to type: C:\Program Files\mobile PhoneTools\Inf into: Copy manufactures files from.. Click o.k. Now you should have a list of motorola drivers you need to click on usb modem & click next. Put a dot in: All ports & click next. After a few seconds you should get the message: Your modem has been set up successfully. So just click finish.

You can now open up mobile phonetools and hopefully this time it will locate your phone. If not sorry I've run out of ideas.
    [ Back to Top ]

· How to install games or apps on a Vxxx V80 E398 & T720/i

How to install games or apps on a Vxxx T720/i V80 E398

Bluetooth method:

( Just drag the jar file onto the OBEX / PIM Object Push Icon ... It will ask you to accept on the Phone, And after transferring asks you to install.)

Data cable method: Make sure you have the data cable drivers installed.

You will need these 2 programs.

PST 6.7 or above & Midway 2.8 see Free downloads.

Note: The new windows SP2 pack can cause connection problems (Blocks ports) if need be uninstall SP2 pack.

**DO NOT CONNECT YOUR DATA CABLE TO PHONE AT THIS TIME.**

1) Install PST Phone Manager.

( PST will only run on win 98SE/2000/XP/2003 sorry not M.E.)

( Parts 1) to 10) only have to be done the once. This is to bring up "JAVA APP LOADER" in the settings menu on your phone. Midway will run ok on any win operating system as long as you have mobile phonetools installed.)

2) NOW CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO YOUR COMPUTER VIA THE CABLE.

3) Open up PST Phone Manager and wait for it to detect all the drivers. There's quite a few and you CANNOT CANCEL OR JUST NOT INSTALL THOSE DRIVERS AND EXPECT PST TO WORK. When windows brings up the driver install menu for each device, select locate driver from specific location and then point it to the directory you installed PST into. For mine it was.

C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST

Type this into the search in this location box. That is unless you installed PST else where. Then press next and do the same for each driver that pops up.

4) Open up PST (Right click "My Computer" icon on your desktop or start menu and select Properties. Then go to Hardware and then select device manager in the middle of the window).

5) Make sure you can find under the Modems subcategory the device "Motorola USB Modem" if you can't then, try restarting your pc & open up PST again to see if the usb modem driver try's to install. & remember the location for it C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST . If that don't work then uninstall the drivers you just installed and then try again from scratch making sure that you install EVERYTHING.

6) After you see the modem device, right click it and go to properties. Then click on the "Modem" tab and keep in mind what the port number is. It should be located above the Speaker Volume scroll bar at the top. IT'S THERE, VERY TOP IN BLACK. Mine was COM3 so just keep note of this.

7) Now go to PST and click on FILE> then click NEW> then click KJava File (2nd column on the right down) click on it.

8) Go to Phone>Read (the little phone icon with an arrow pointing out woulds) click (your phone should be connected still) If you get an error message that says "Phone not connected. Don't worry that happens alot... Just quit PST, unplug your phone, and then replug your phone and open up PST again. It should work as long as the Motorola USB Modem is there.

9) After its read from the phone, you should see the previously grayed out big button named "Enable/Disable Java App Loader Menu". Click on it and then let the program do the rest.

10) Now go to Phone>Restart Phone. When the phone is back up & running you can then close PST. & if it worked you wont have to use PST again.

11) Now to install a game or app on your phone first unplug the data cable then click on the center button to access basic menus, settings, go to java settings, and in there the first option should be "Java App Loader" (Which wasn't there before) click on that and then it'll give you a notice, "Insert Cable now"...at which point you insert the cable.

12) Now install & open Midway, when it asks for the port, input what you saw and what I asked you to keep in mind earlier when we checked the port of the Motorola USB modem. Midway is simple enough to use. Just a case of selecting the jad file for the Game/app you want to install on phone & clicking send jad. ( You need the jad & jar in the same folder for this to work ) Then cancel or download will pop up on your phone screen. Press the botton under download and the phone will do the rest.

13) Midway only loads with JAD files. If the game/app does not have a JAD file or it wont send using the jad with it, then use jadgen to make one. The easiest way to create a jad i found is to select a jar file then create a short cut to that jar file, at the side of the jar file will do.
    Then right click on the short cut, click on properties. Copy & paste the target into jadgen. (LEAVE OUT THE " AT THE BEGINNING & END). It should look something like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\SpruceMan\SpruceMan.jar

Depending on where on your p.c. the file is. Doesn't matter where. Then click Generate JAD & a jad file should pop up at the side of the jar file. Delete the jar short cut. Then use that jad file for sending to phone with midway.

[ Back to Top ]

· How to make a video clip for a V300,V500,V525

How to make a movie clip & play it on a V300,V400,V500,V525

V600,V80,E398,V3 RAZR owners should see (How to make a 3GP video) below.

No risky flashing or flexing here. (Sorry no sound on these video clips.)

Download this first: http://www.softaward.com

1) Install hero video converter.

2) Open hero video converter then click on the round button that says (TO GIF). The find file box will pop up. Find a small movie clip (around 10 to 50 seconds long) on your p.c. that you would like on your phone. If you don't have any that short you can either download some try kazaa or winMX or split up a big movie file with some Mpeg splitting software.

3) Click on the movie clip you want and click open. . Set up the output folder so you can find the finished GIF movie. Then go to width and type in 135 then type 100 into height. (You can change these a bit to give a bigger or smaller picture. 160 wide x 130 high will fill the top half of a Vxxx screen but uses more memory so keep them very short at that size. Change the Dithering setting to Error Diffusion. Then change the Delay time to 2 and the Interval to 4.

(Some converted clips will play a bit fast or a bit slow. By changing the interval setting to 5 the converted clip will play a little faster. Change the interval to 3 and the clip will slow down a little. Use this to correct the playback speed.)

The other settings can be left as they are from preset. So click rec and click converting in the pop up box. Your finished GIF file will be more like a mpeg video than a GIF moving picture. Then it's just a case of using phonetools to place this file into your pictures folder on your phone.

(The clips will use a lot of memory try to keep them under 2mb's or it will use up all your phones memory. Also they will take a good 4 or 5 mins to upload onto the phone.)

Click HERE to download one I made.
    [ Back to Top ]

· How to make a MP3 ringtone from any MP3 you want.

How to make a MP3 ringtone from any MP3 you want

Download these two programs first:

http://www.kanastacorp.com/f/dario.exe

http://www.audio-ware.com/downloads/advancedmp3converter.exe

1) Install advanced mp3 converter & dariolius file splitter.

2) Open dario and put a dot in Number of parts then type in 3 or 4 (up 2 u !) 3 will give you a longer ringtone but use more memory on your phone. Put 4 if you prefer to use less.

3) Put a tick in Preserve file extension on split parts & that's it set up to convert the mp3 to a size your phone can handle.

4) Find a mp3 music file you want as a ringtone & drag it onto dario then click split.

5) Once it's split the folder containing the split mp3 will pop up.

6) Then drag the split part of the mp3 with 001 added I.E. the first 50 or 60 secs approx onto your desktop. You could use part 002 , 003 or 004 if you wish, the ringtone will then start well into the song.

7) close dario & open advanced mp3 converter.
    (This version is not registered but that don't matter for what we need it for. It's not a timed trial so that's o.k. click later when it asks you to register.)
    Anyway at the top click on preference> click options> click on mp3 then remove tick from VBR and make sure there's no DOT in ID3v1 or ID3v2. Then set the min bitrate to between 40 & 64. (64 will give slightly better sound but use a slight bit more memory then 40). Set the stereo mode to J stereo. (Joint stereo that is. Mono would be my first choice for a ringtone but i found a bug in this software makes the mp3 play slow in mono). Anyway the other settings can be left as they are, so click o.k. that's it set up ready to convert the mp3 to a bitrate your phone can handle.

8) Drag the split part of the mp3 you placed on your desktop onto advanced mp3 converter then put a tick on that mp3 then click convert & click convert to mp3 in the dropdown box . Once it's done the folder containing the new lower bitrate mp3 will pop up. Drag it on to your desktop. Now using phonetools you place it in the audio folder on your phone.
    (delete the file output.pls that's just the bits of info that where removed from the mp3 to lower the bitrate).

[ Back to Top ]

· How to change your start up & shut down sound.

Only tested on a V300 & V500 may not work on other models.

How to change your start up & shut down sounds

( And with speech saying anything you like.)

First you need two MP3 files you would like for your start up & shut down sounds. See how to make a MP3 ringtone. Also these MP3's need to be very short around 4 or 5 seconds. Any longer and the phone just will not use them on start up or shut down. Now to make the phone use the MP3's as the start up / shut down sounds you just rename the files to Start~up & Power~down then place them in the audio folder on your phone.

( This does not remove the phones preset start up & shut down sounds. To return to the preset sounds just delete the ones you uploaded. )

To make start up / shut down sounds with speech saying what ever you like first you need to download this.

http://dl.downloadhosting.com

Set the file options to MP3 and around 48 kbs. Then write out your start up / shut down sentence (not to long around 8 words max) and click file. It should place the mp3 in your my documents folder. This software does not cut off the recording strait away it leaves the mp3 playing no sound for around 3 second after the speech has finished. You will need to trim this off. You can use dario file splitter ( split it in 2 ) or any mp3 editing software to do this. Then rename as it says above.

Click HERE to check out a few I made.
    [ Back to Top ]

· How to make a 3GP video for your phone.

How to make a 3GP video for your phone

First you need to download one of the nokia converters then the fx mpeg writer program.

http://nokiaconverter2.notlong.com ( Nokia converter old version but works just as good. No need to sign up.)

http://forum.nokia.com/main/.. ( Nokia converter new version You need to register to the nokia forum.)

http://fxmpegwriter.com/ftp/fxavi2mpgf.EXE

Once you have installed both these programs making your 3gp videos will be easy. First locate the video clip on your p.c.. Drag it onto the screen part of the nokia converting software. Then change the bit rate setting to 128 (Better quality / Short clip around 1 min max) or 64 (Lower quality / longer clip around 3 mins max). The other settings can be left as preset so just click convert and save the file to your p.c.

( E398 owners should be able to make and upload much longer videos thanks to the extra memory on the flash ram card.)

This nokia converter is very particular about the format of the video clip you are converting so chances are you will find it comes up with an error about incompatible format with some clips. If this happens then just run the video clip through the FX mpeg writer converting software first. All the setting for this can be left as preset. This will convert the clip to a format compatible with the nokia converter.

(The clips will use a lot of memory try to keep them under 2mb's or it will use up all your phones memory. Also they will take a good 4 or 5 mins to upload onto the phone.)