1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v220s not working right

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by mogg851, Mar 16, 2005.

1. mogg851

mogg851 Member

I'm just curious if anyone else has had problems with the v220s or if anyone has heard anything about problems with the v220. I had been signed up with 5 phones on the plan through cingular. Service is good and everything was happy.

The first phone we got had a bad sim card (I realize this is not the phone but...), then about 2 weeks later one of the phones simply would not turn on. After fighting with motorola to replace it, they sent us a new one with a document saying that if they determined abuse or water damage they would charge us $250 non-reversable. About 3 weeks later the backlight would light up on both the secondary and main displays, but there was no video signal to the main display. It just showed a backlight. I couldn't even get anything to show up when viewed at an angle. It still dialed and worked it just didn't display anything. None of these phone had been under any abuse or water damage btw.

My phone which I successfully did an entire case change on, has been working flawlessly, but this other one had absolutly no changes to it and it still had problems. After taking the phone with backlight/video problems apart it worked again and has worked for the most part since. It will occasionally for half hour intervals just not display anything and when you turn it off and back on sometimes it will work and other times it won't. Just recently my phone started to do the same thing with half hour periods of no video. Today a 3rd phone we realized is having problmes. At first it would turn on and not show anything. After swapping of batteries we realized that the battery was dead, and further testing revealed that the phone would not charge any battery but the batter works fine and so does the phone when the battery is charged.

I have contacted motorola support a few times about the screen not working and was sent "idiot" responces, saying some of our phones don't have a backlight on them, or go into the settings menu and select master reset, after I told them that we can't see anything on the screen. If anyone has any info or ideas please give me some feedback. Thanks

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

man if u bought a second hand fone u wont have these problems. but anyway sorry never had these problems before, but i think if the video signal is going off it could be of the version of the SW u have it, so try a new flash and c if it works....

3. mogg851

mogg851 Member

Yeah I thought it was kinda odd to have these problems. I was looking at other peoples posts for problems with the data cable and my flash is newer numbers than what other people have posted. I personally don't care for cingular, I would have much rather used my local place but I was not gonna complain about free cell service. Anyway, thanks for the responce.

4. kiissm3

kiissm3 Member

im having the same exact problems with my v220 too. its cingular also. did you ever figure out what to do ???????

5. tonyrep

tonyrep Regular member

touch the little button by the hinge and see if the display comes on. if it does the contact is touching when it shouldn't.