1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v3 ps2 backups help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by tallyboy, Mar 6, 2005.

1. tallyboy

tallyboy Member

heya

I have a version 3 ps2. Ive been tryin ta make ma backup copies ta work on my ps2, its chipped. I just cant seem to get it ta work.
    Ma friend bought some games when he was in malaysia once, lyk tekken 4. That game works on my ps2, but other games wont seem to work.
    I use alcohol 120%, but am unsure which media i shud use as ive been using memorex dvd-r & dvd+r's tryin to get the backups to work but with no sucess.
    What am i doing wrong?

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Use -R media and burn at 1x.

3. tallyboy

tallyboy Member

i just tried that and it didnt work, just went straight to the browser.
    Im using Ritek Ridisc dvd-r's, are they ok standards wise or not?
    All the games that my friend purchased had silver bottom surfaces on them, they all work, but any dvd-r i try to use for a backup which has a purple bottom surface like Ritek's they dont work!..
    Are there any dvd-r's out there which have silver bottom surfaces, on the recording side and if so, could you please name them...thx

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I think the chip is probably installed correctly if your PS2 plays imports. Have you tried using DVD Decrypter to burn games? I'm not familiar with Alcohol 120.

5. tallyboy

tallyboy Member

okokok...yeh i did, it burn it but no use with the ps2 :S
    i opened ma ps2 up for the 1st time yesterday ta check wat chip it has in it, its a magic 3.1. Im unsure whether there is a restriction as to what kind of dvd-r's it can play, because i read somwehere that it only plays dvd-r's that have silver recording sides!...is this true?
    and if so, wat are the best dvd-r's out that have silver recording surfaces?...
    thanks!!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

that's not true. I have a Magic 3.1 in my PS2 and it plays just about any DVD-R I've tried except khypermedia, but that's just plain crap.

I'm not sure what the problem could be here really, other than bad media or a chip that's not installed properly. Or maybe a bad chip.