1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Laser repair or replacement

Discussion in 'PS2' started by morbius, Apr 2, 2003.

1. morbius

morbius Member

I have a V4 PS2 with the messiah 2 modchip installed. I wanted to know if it is normal to have to reset the PS2 up to 10 times to get a game to work. Sometimes the games will boot first go and others will take ages. I don't know much about the internals of the PS2 but if it is the laser is it easier to get a replacement laser to fix this problem. If I do get a replacement laser does it matter which kind, or are all the lasers the same no matter which vers PS2 you have.

2. jfriddle

jfriddle Member

no the lasers are different on some of the playstations, some have a covered laser and others have uncovered, this meaning some have a black cover over the top of the laser assembly while the others don't have anything, i had a v7 with covered and a v7 with uncovered, they can't be switched between each other, the dms3 chip i have will not read any backup if i use the covered laser on the modded unit, trust me i tryed it and it no work...even though they have the same motherboard a GH-022, the one is a model fu****** while the other is a U8****** model ps2...

so you want to be specific in ordering the right one for ur ps2