1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v4 no solder faq and answers

Discussion in 'PS2' started by retslig, Mar 31, 2003.

1. retslig

retslig Member

I cannot play burned DVD+R games. However playstaionon burned games work and dvd+r movies work on my ps2. Ps2 Cdr games seem to start but never end up working either. These movies didnt work before i got a no solder modchip. So the modchip does work kinda. But i still cant get the burned games to work. Can anyone help me at all thx.

2. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

Try DVD-R media. I had the No-Solder and 99% of DVD back-ups didn't work. Then got the Magic3.1 - No problems ever since. Good Luck!

3. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

I have a PS2 no solder v5 and also v7 and tons of games.I'm really not clear as to what your problem is.It sounds as if your PS2 was not working properly prior to installing the chip.Correct?No solder chips really shouldn't affect the way your PS2 plays games.All it does is trick the system into not reseting upon pressing the eject button.So maybe you knocked something loose iside it when installing the chip.

4. cazer

cazer Regular member

THE MOD HAS NOYHING TO DO WITH MOVIE BACKUPS JUST GAMES I HAVE THE V4 AND IT WORKS FOR ME. THERE IS NO PERFICET MOD OUT THERE SOMEONE IS ALWAYS HAVING A PROBLEM WITH ONE OF THEM AND ALSO THE DISK THEY USE. WHAT WORKS FOR SOMEONE MAY DONT WORK FOR OTHERS MAKE SURE YOU SWAP THE GAME THE RIGHT WAY FOR DVD GAMES SWAP DIFFERENTLY THEN CD BASED GAMES AND ALSO THE BEST WAY TO BURN IS AT THE SLOWEST SPEED IT MAKES A BETTER COPY CUASE THE FASTER YOU GO THE MORE LIKELY AN ERRO WILL HAPPEN

5. 4T2H0C

4T2H0C Member

I am using a V4 No Solder Modchip and I backed up my Unreal Tournament CD based game using Alcohol 120%. It copied fine but it doesnt work on my PS2. I am using the Gameshark 2 for booting but it doesnt load. Can someone please help me?