1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 No-solder wires reversed?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dralor, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Dralor

Dralor Member

I just got a V4 no-solder modchip, and while installing it I noticed that the red and black wires coming from the modchip are attached to the plastic connector opposite the orientation of the original one.

Looking at the picture on page 4 of this manual,
    http://www.consolesource.com/installation/p2-ns4-mod/p2-ns4-mod.pdf
    the red wire on mine is on the left instead of right in the connector that plugs into the PS2 board. The wires are soldered to the same points on the modchip, though, so it looks to me like the ground and power are reversed.

My question is whether this matters? It seems to me like it would, but I'm not sure. I'm not gonna power this thing up and risk frying it or something until I know for sure.

Thanks

2. Ateahorse

Ateahorse Member

do NOT plug that in and turn it on or you motherboard will go BOOM and so long ps2. you will have to desolder the two wires. then resolder them the correct way.

3. Ateahorse

Ateahorse Member

do NOT plug that in and turn it on or your motherboard will go BOOM and so long ps2. you will have to desolder the two wires. then resolder them the correct way.