1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 PS2: CD Won't spin; Screw from Expansion Bay question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by _D3DAiM_, Mar 12, 2004.

1. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

I think I fixed my delema with the grining noise when I was replacing my laser, since I tightened the adjustment screw lol. Now my CD won't spin. I does a 1/20 of a spin when I reset or close my cd tray, but it goes directly to the browser screen like it doesnt notice I have a CD in. It does this on ANY CD. Also, there is a screw in the middle of the top part of the expansion bay (take PS2 out of bottom cover, flip it over, and remove bottom of expansion bay)that seems to be going into the laser area and sticking into a crevice of the laser, (where another screw on the laser is) thus limiting the amount of verticle movement of the laser. Is this it's purpose? Is this where it is supposed to be(in the laser)? Maybe this is the source of my cd spinning problem?

2. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

It also seems I may have a fuse blown, so I won't be able to try any remedies right away...

3. Ghost2g4

Ghost2g4 Member

i know i might sound like a free loader but if you know longer want can u contact me because i can fix it and use it for me cause i can't buy a ps2

4. Ghost2g4

Ghost2g4 Member

at jaysizzle03@hotmail.com