1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v4 ps2 how do i tell if it is gap or no gap?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by account, Mar 18, 2004.

1. account

account Guest

v4 ps2 how do i tell if it is gap or no gap? and does the version 4 read dvd+r? or just -r?

i need help asap

2. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

What are you talking about "how do i tell if it is gap or no gap?"

3. liljoe

liljoe Guest

i dont know about the gap but u do need a dvd-r only some v4 ps2 read dvd+r but i would try a dvd-r i would reccomend a ritek dvd-r
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]compaq presaio 6000
    ps2 fliptop v4
    emprex dvd dual burner
    samsung cd burner
    nero
    dvd decrypter[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2004
  4. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

I have a flip-top and I used Sony DVD-R which worked and Verbatim DVD-R which worked also. I also have a version 4 PS2.

5. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

I have a V4 system and your right about there being two different versions(Gap/No Gap). I believe the only way to find out is to actually open up your system and take a look at your board. There are diagrams on the web as far as mod installation that should help you find out excactly what your system board is. And to answer your question regarding does V4 play DVD-R and CD-R. Yes. As far as DVD+R, only some do and some dont so its a matter of trial and error. I would just use DVD-R to play it safe but its up to you. Here, I found a link of some pictures of a gap and no gap: http://www.chipzone.com/motherboards/v4gap.cfm

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Yes, the only way to tell if you have a gap or no gap is to pull it completely apart and look. The mod chips for the v4 machines work regardless of the gap or not and shouldn't be a factor in determining which mod to get. When you go to install simply check which one you have and use the appropriate diagram.