1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by spitfire, Dec 22, 2002.

1. spitfire

spitfire Member

from many expirements I think ive found the problem. Does anyone here have a V4 PS2 and if so does it allow your burned dvd games? Thanks_X_X_X_X_X_[small]I appreciate everyone for helping me.[/small]

2. Aladarth

Aladarth Guest

I have a Ps2 Ver. 4. I Installed a modchip about a month ago. It works fine. I have Burned six games on TDK Dvd-r disc and on Sony Dvd-r disc. I have problem reading rewriteable disc. (read that this system does not support rewriteable disc) I have not tried Dvd+r but I have read that their was a person that has had the Dvd+r work. I have used dvd-r and I know they work so I will stick to Dvd-r and not +r.
    Hope this helps.

-Darth

3. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Every PS2 version (even V4) can be chipped !
    Get the right chip, like Messiah or Magic, and you will be able to play DVD backups.
    I doesn't really matter what version PS2 you have, but what modchip you put in..

So make a good choice..

The Messiah rules ..

4. spitfire

spitfire Member

thanks guys. yeah my burner only writes dvd+r so Ill have to stick with it. Also i think i will look into a different chip. Ive heard the messiah is really good. Anyway whats a good place i could go to get a messiah or magic chip? Thanks

5. BurnChamp

BurnChamp Guest

Aladarth,

Where did u get your modchip installed? I am having trouble finding a place?

6. drewc311

drewc311 Member

Wizkid, when you say that it's the chip that matters, do you mean that any version ps2 with a messiah would read dvd+r copied games?

7. spitfire

spitfire Member

I hope thats the case

8. spitfire

spitfire Member

One more thing, Aldarth if you ever get a dvd+r try it out and tell us how it went. I really hope that dvd+r can be read on V4 systems

9. Aladarth

Aladarth Guest

BurnChamp
    I installed my mod on my own, and I have be asked before where to go to have it installed. I would have to say I have no clue. I am sorry. Try a local electronic store that is a self own store. That being they work on VCRs, TV, DVD players. Mainly a person that has experience soldering on mother boards/electronic boards.

Good Luck
    -Darth

10. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

To drewc311:

Messiah: Works on only Version 4 Gap Rom USA/Canada machines, Compatible with PAL V3, V4, V5 and V6 (V5.1) PS2 machines

Messiah 2: look at the site: http://www.fatcat.co.nz/psx/m2index.htm

Magic 2: This model works with versions 5,6, and 7 for USA, PAL and JAP consoles.

Magic 3: Compatible with all PS2 Consoles (USA/PAL/JAP). Truly Universal - One Chip for all PS2 Versions!

Magic 3.5:Compatible with all PS2 Consoles (USA/PAL/JAP). Truly Universal - One Chip for all PS2 Versions!

Correct me if I am wrong, this is what I found out ...

But..the messiah rules ..

11. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

12. BurnChamp

BurnChamp Guest

I have been looking everywhere to get a modchip installed. I want to give it to a shop or store instead of online, because someone could just never reply. If anyone knows of a place let me know thanks.

13. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

It's better for us to know in what country you live...

14. BurnChamp

BurnChamp Guest

U.S. Austin, TX

15. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Last edited: Dec 26, 2002
  16. BurnChamp

BurnChamp Guest

Yes, i haved talked to him, but he seems very rude and i think it's a scam. He said he lives is columbus. Thanks though.

17. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Ok well it was worth a try...
    So still looking for someone to install a modchip ?

18. BurnChamp

BurnChamp Guest

yeah, still searching.

19. tigress

tigress Guest

If any of you are in Eastern North Carolina, or anywhere within reasonable driving distance of Fayetteville NC, there is a guy there (he has a shop at the US Flea Market Mall) and he does a good job at modding. I got him to mod my PS1 a while back and if I do decide to dump my no-solder and get a Magic 3 installed locally, im going to him. When I called him last though, his prices were a little unreasonable for me (that is installation and the chip included)..he may come down on the price (he better dammit) if you buy your own chip and just have him install it. When I got my PS1 done back then, he did it while I waited...didnt take too long...

incase any of you North Carolinians were looking to get into the mod scene, but are afraid you might fudge things up yourself...

peace