1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 SCPH3004 Disc Read Errors

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by System_X, Apr 13, 2005.

1. System_X

System_X Member

Ok Heres my story, Friend gave me his PS2 and im afraid its having boot problems. What happens is He was playing it the night before and the next morning he got DIsc Read Errors on Everything he tried. PS2 DVD, PS2 CD, PS1 CD, DVD Movie, Audio CD. Now i thought hey ill give it a try, Popped it open and Adjusted the Laser Angle, Eventually Getting it to boot Audio CD, PS1 Game, PS2 CD Game, Yet not PS2 DVD game and no Movie. *cries*, Now reading from places everywhere on the net, Ive come to find that not only can the Angle be wrong but the Voltage... Why does electricity hate me so much. Now can anybody offer me some advice on what I should do. New laser, adjust the voltage etc etc. Now Im not exactly Very good electronics i know my basics and such and I cannot afford or Get ahold of an Oscilloscope so count that one out. Any guys got any ideas. If need be I guess I could replace the laser but would that Solve my problems. Knowing that it reads both PS1 and PS2 Games (CD) So we can rule out any Motherboard Damage. Thanks GuyS Most Appreciated.

Peace out and God Bless

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  2. williej

williej Regular member

3. speedi

speedi Member

check the laser coils if oen of them is less than 5 Ohms. you're screwed on DVD-Reading (trust me)

4. tjshady

tjshady Member

what is the laser coils? i have the exact same problem he is having reads it all but not dvd.

5. System_X

System_X Member

Yeah how exactly am i supposed to check that.