1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V400 ringtones won't play for incoming calls

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by bzook, Oct 29, 2004.

1. bzook

bzook Member

I've been using p2k manager to transfer pics and ringtones back and forth from my computer via the data cable. I put several new ringtones on my phone and they play when I go to 'sounds' under the mulimedia menu, but when I choose to set them as my ringtone, they do not play for incoming calls. When I check to see what ringtone i'm using, it doesn't show me what i'm using unless it is a ringtone that came with the phone, or one downloaded from cingular. The ringtones i've transfered to my phone from computer do not show up in the ringtones section, only in the 'sounds' section where they play and sound fine. They are proper ringtone files, small size, and low bit rate. I am putting them in my audio folder where p2k manager says all my other ringtones are. I can't figure it out. Any ideas? Please.

2. supasonic

supasonic Member

Hey clown, if your phone is anything like a T720 then go to styles then "*Setting* Detail", then scrool down to "Ringer IDs: On"

Clown

3. bzook

bzook Member

I turned my ringer ID's back on and the ringtones still won't play when someone is calling me. I have to use a ringtone that came on my phone or it doesn't ring at all. Guess I'm not the clown now.

4. M3phist0

M3phist0 Guest

yeah dude i had the same issue. i only resolved it by using motorola's mobile phone tools. transferred the files using that and bingo... they work. i dont pretend to have the answer as to why BUT it works. so go find a copy of 1.23C and then download the 2.16 update from motorolla. then run live update. ** note if UR running Win XP the 1.23 installer crashes at the end. ctrl+alt+del and kill the installer, then install the 2.16 update WITHOUT REBOOTING OR RUNNING 1.23 and you should be good.. have fun.... now i'm off to rid myself of all the pre-installed garbage.......