1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V400 USB First Time Help Needed

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by tempestms, Feb 25, 2005.

1. tempestms

tempestms Member

I just bought a V400 phone, and a friend of mine lent me his USB cable for the phone.

I would like to know what software I can use to backup the data on my phone (pictures, ring tones, phone book) and also allow me to upload new games and ring tones.

I also obtained a copy of Mobile Phone Tools 3.11h. But I cannot get it to work. I think it is because I need a driver for the phone. I cannot find one to work within the files that came with MPT. Can anyone help point me in the right direction to obtain a driver?

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

3. tempestms

tempestms Member

Thanks, I found everything i need to upload and download pictures and sounds to my phone, and save my phone book, Now all I need is a good tutorial for uploading new games to my phone that i downloaded, can anyone help me there?

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

5. Mackz8284

Mackz8284 Member

Hey everybody this site is cool trying to help people. Anyway I have been having the same Usb driver problem for the moto v400 but I downloaded the driver and then what do I do with it? DO I have to unzip it or what? Can anyone help please?

6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

unzip it and install it :D

7. Mackz8284

Mackz8284 Member

How do I unzip it? I don't know how Why is it an excel program? Anyway thanks for getting back to me Hope I can finally figure it out throught this cool program
    Anyway so how do I unzip it? Its on my desktop as an excel file right now.

8. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

it should be a zip file not excel, check out ur computer probably something wrong with it...

9. Mackz8284

Mackz8284 Member

well im gonna give up for tonight IM not sure how I can "check my computer" but anyway it says its an excel program fro some reasonb both of the drivers I tried downloaded say that anyway thanks for your help any other suggestions would be much appreciated thanks hopefully I figure it out soon I hate thinking I threw away 50 bucks for crap I can even use but thats life thanks again see ya

10. tempestms

tempestms Member

Right click the zip file and select extract all, click next, pick a place for it to put the unzipped folder, click next, and your done. Now plug in the phone, turn it on, and when it asks if you want to search windows update for the drivers, say no, next, select Install from a list or specific location, next, only check the Includ this location in the search, and point it to the folder that you extracted before, next, it should install your phone.

If this doesn't help, i'll check back when I have more time, and I'll post again.

11. Mackz8284

Mackz8284 Member

whenI right click it doesn't say any of that stuff but when I tried deleting it it said it was a "read only file" does that tell you anything?

12. tempestms

tempestms Member

you sure you got the right file? download again, make sure it ends in the extension .zip. Also, if your not using Windows XP, make sure you have Winzip installed.

13. Mackz8284

Mackz8284 Member

I have windows 98 and I checked out winzip I have to pay 27 bucks for it im just gonna take this cable back and get the bluetooth thing do u know if that has the same problem? Or can I get winzip for free? What would you do in my shoes>? Thanks again for all your help

14. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

15. tempestms

tempestms Member

Remember Shareware? hardly exsists anymore... But it was great, you get a product for free, and decide if you ever want to pay for it. Winzip is like that, you can pay if you want, but you dont have to, you can use it forever!

16. Mackz8284

Mackz8284 Member

allright im gonna try downloading it but hey do you guy know if the bluetooth adapter will let me put my pix on my computer? Cause thats all i want to do and if I can exchange my data cablefor that and pay a bit more but not deal with all this crap its worth it to me LOL But ill try this first Thanks a lot for all the help so far

17. malibuali

malibuali Member

i have v400 too and installed that p2k phone file manager and opened the program. it says phone not connected.

18. Mackz8284

Mackz8284 Member

Yah I got the same thing SO I downloaded the driver and and know what do I do? The computer still won't use that driver this is so damn frustrating anyway anyone else have any other advice? If I can't get it to work by tommorrow im takeing it back