1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V505 and MPT 3.17a not getting along

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by bongo99, Jan 20, 2005.

1. bongo99

bongo99 Member

Hi:

I can't get to work my v505 with the MPT 3.17a. I just start the program, turn the phone on, connect the USB cable (SKN6311B) to my PC and Windows (with SP2) tells me that an USB device plugged in can't be recognized.

I'm stuck here. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

2. bongo99

bongo99 Member

Any help? Do I need a driver? ??? HELP!

3. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

4. bongo99

bongo99 Member

Man, thanks for the link! Well, this is what I Did:

-I downloaded the driver from that website. I plugged my phone to see if the message of New Hardware Found pops up, that message appeared. I tried to somehow install the driver and the wizard installed the driver but when i go to my device manager, the "USBMODEM" under Modems category appears with an yellow exclamation sign. ??? Dont know what that means. Anyway, i went to MPT (3.19 updated) and it didn't recognize my phone. The message "Windows doesn't recognize the usb device" appeared again.

I've read about people with v505 phones working with MPT, i don't know how they figured that out. I just want to upload my ringtones, that's it.

Well, stuck again! Jajaj, any help?

5. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Go back to device manager and right click on the your phone modem with the exclamation mark. Choose Reinstall and then point windows to the directory with that driver you downloaded. Also, right click and select properties and cycle through the tabs and try to find a setting that allows to manually select a COM port. On my desktop, the COM port is COM3 (likely b/c I don't have a dial-up modem); however, on my laptop, it's COM5 (b/c I have a modem on my laptop). See if one of those will work for you. Also try COM1, 2 and 4 if COMs 3 and 5 don't work. The exclamation mark usually indicates the driver is installed but there is a conflict. While you're in the properties of your phone modem see if there is any kind of explanation of what the conflict is.

6. bongo99

bongo99 Member

Hi:

Ok, here's what I did. I went to the device manager, now the modem reads "Motorola USB Modem" since I tried to install the driver again (the driver u told me to check out). But, the yellow exclamation is still there. I went through all the tabs and there's no option to change the COM port. Now, there's a message in the properties tab, it says: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". ??? Well, I also went to the Control Panel, and no luck there. Just a program there that shows me the modems, the motorola modem appears but with the following message: "Not functional". ??? Also, i'm running Windows XP Home Edition (SP2). That's why the Reinstall function in the Device Manager doesn't appear.

Stuck again, jajaj. Man oh man! Anyway, thanks for your help rockdawg. Any other help would be great, not just for me, for all the v505 users that have the same situation.

;-)

7. bongo99

bongo99 Member

Could someone please bring any help? HELP!

bongo99

8. bongo99

bongo99 Member

HELP PLEASE! I just want to upload my MP3 ringtones to my v505.