1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V620 BT/USB connection problems

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by dublin11, Mar 13, 2005.

1. dublin11

dublin11 Member

Guys,
    Can some one please help me? I recently had computer problems that necessitated a full hard drive rebuild. After this was complete I reinstalled MPT and updated to the latest version (3.22). I plugged in my USB waited and waited and waited for MPT to recognise my phone. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled to no avail. I have even swithched off and on the phone while initialising and tried to intialise without the SIM - nothing!!. I did the F6 -> communication ->change modem - nothing. all I get is the phone not connected icon in MPT (phone is definatley connected).

I thought it may be the cable so I got a Belkin BT dongle. Phone and computer paired up first time and I was able to see the Video/Sound/Picture dirs in the phone. I thought that this was going to work so I tried to get MPT to see the phone over BT. I turned on discover and MPT found my phone (yipee i thought!!). I clicked next and it said "installing device". After 5 seconds it reported "Comm port installation failed". I repeated this loads of times and spent 20 minutes banging my head off the keyboard ;).

Do i have some kind of modem issue? I tried update driver in hardware manager and it says that I have the most recent driver available. I have just tried query modem and it says " Modem failed to respond. make sure it is properly connected and turned on. if it is an internal modem or is connected, verify that the interupt for the port is properly set" I suspect this may be my problem but I do not know how to verify the interupt is properly set (limited experience in XP, but getting better after this last week!!).

Can anyone shed light on this issue as Midway/PST/P2K have all since stopped working for me.

Thanks

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

have u tried using a different computer...