1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7/8 DMS3 Install: CD-Drive doesn't open!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ToolNila, Aug 23, 2004.

1. ToolNila

ToolNila Guest

Dear All,

I've searched the forum for entries that have this same problem, but couldn't find any decent posts to help me out. I've decided to write to you guys, despite the fact that others may have asked the same question. (I'm VERY frustrated!)

I just installed the DMS3 chip on my version 7/8 PS2 (took me all day, first time at chipping a PS2) and I see that the drive doesn't open. When I power up the console, it goes to the main screen and then goes to the browser (since there's no CD in the drive).

When I press the eject button, it flashes several times and the drive spins and clicks, tries to open, then stops completely. I've checked the C connection and the R - W points on the opposite site of the board. I don't know what else to do and I'm really pissed at myself for even trying to do this mod job.

I desoldered points E - I that were soldered into the little holes that are on the board that corresponded to each leg, cleaned up the legs of the BIOS chip with desoldering braid, resoldered them onto the copper pads as shown in the DMS diagrams, yet still no success. Points J - N are soldered onto the legs of the BIOS chip. I desoldered them all, cleaned up the legs with the braid also, and resodlered them. Nothing.

Can anyone help? I can't think of any other details to offer you guys to make your replies easier to write. I'm really desperate.

Thanks,

ToolNila

2. manila555

manila555 Member

Hey dude, i'm gonna try to help you on this part, i had the exact same problem when i installed my fliptop for my ps2, the ps2 tray tries to open but it can't open. You hear the motor try to eject the tray but it stops. If thats the case i had the same problem.

The solution is, its your ps2 shell that is not aligned properly. When you try to eject the tray the tray can't eject all the way because your ps2 shell is not aligned properly as a result when the tray tries to come out, it can't because your un-aligned ps2 shell is in the way.

Try ejecting it without the ps2 top shell.

Hope this helps, if not let me know what you think the problem is

3. ToolNila

ToolNila Guest

Thanks for your reply. It's not that the top shell is holding the tray from fully coming out. The tray itself doesn't move at all. I hear two clicks, a quick spin of the spindle, and that's it. Nothing else. The blue eject light flashes for exactly 10 seconds when pressed.

I have no clue what the problem is, man.

Help?