1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7 and Swap Magic 2.0

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ghost2, Jan 16, 2003.

1. ghost2

ghost2 Member

I have a V7 (39001) Swap Magic 2.0 discs and a flip top lid. I am using DVD+RW (verbatim) and am burning with record now and Nero. None boot. I also have a few copies of games I borrowed from a friend who has a no solder chip V5 and they work on his. Mine is new out of the box. Any help/ideas??

Thanks

2. blr_

blr_ Member

hey ghost2 have you had any luck finding out a solution to your problem? I have all the same stuff for my ps2 (V7 PS2, flip top lid and swap magic 2.0) I was thinking about getting the verbatim DVD burner, but if there is problems then I might get another dvd burner.

3. geordie26

geordie26 Member

Hi Guys,

Did you get anywhere with this request? I'm in the same boat. I'm using pioneer ao5 (105) and both ritek and pioneer dvd-r don't boot

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

You guys are using the right burners and media. This leads me to think that maybe either you're not booting them properly, there's an issue with v7's and the mod setup you're using, or you could perhaps try booting with an Action Replay/Gameshark. I've heard that some game that won't boot with the Swap Magic discs will boot with Action Replay/Gameshark discs.