1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7 No solder mod chip questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dragius, May 12, 2003.

1. Dragius

Dragius Member

I have looked around alot in the last 3 weeks thinking of how to best mod my ps2 I came up with 2 different ways flip top or no solder. Well After using a sbox on my v4 and ruining it when trying to re-solder the wire I decided to go with either one of those but I have a couple of question.

No-Solder
    1. How relible is a no solder?
    2. Does it have any really big problems with it? Does it blow fuses and if so can they be replaced?
    3. Does the no solder work with the V.7 Ps2?If not what will?
    4. Anyone in Mobile, AL that is good at soldering?

Flip-top
    1. How relible is it.
    2. Does it have any really big problems with it?
    3. I have a Gameshark v2.0 will I still need a swap cd (other then the gs)
    4. Will it mess up the cd-player or any part with it?
    5. Any thing else I would need to know.

I am still looking and I figure the best way is to ask before purchasing another mod chip. I would love to use a magic chip set in it but sence its all solder I dont feel comfortable in ruining another board. (its a pain)

Well thats all my questions for now. Thanks for the help.

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

I've have both the no-solder and fliptops and i would definately go with the flip top. the no-solder chip will blow fuses, to me thats a major problem. the fuses it blows are soldered to the board and a pain to replace. the fliptop cause no known problems that i'm aware of. i'm almost positive your GS will work providing it boots dvd backups. I have no input on GS becuase i use swap magic discs. the no-sodler will work for V7. in my opinion the no-solder chip and it's design is too much for the PS2 to handle and it will eventually cause problems. but thats because i've had problems myself with it. there are plenty of people that have no problems at all with the no-solder chip but those people usually have the V4 chip, at least thats the trend that i've been noticing. the fliptop swap is faster than the no-solder swap. i dont know anyone in alabama, but there is a guy that used to be here from georgia. do a search for thread by a user named supleh2, or see if his site is still up, i beilieve it was banditbackups.com

3. Dragius

Dragius Member

Cool I will look more into it .. I would also like a little more imput from other as well. I will decide later but I am mainly concerned about burning and playing ps1 and 2 games thats about it. no dvd rips or anything like that so. Thanks for the imput gives me a better idea what I am up against

4. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

Does the flip top play copied PS1 games and imports?

5. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

If so what do you need to play them?