1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7 No Solder Mod Issue, Please Help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by schicky47, May 5, 2003.

1. schicky47

schicky47 Member

Hi, i recently installed my no solder chip into my version 7 playstation 2. i had both a cd and a dvd backup working once each. Now when i try to make the tray pop out by holding down the eject button, it just makes a squealing noise. I cannot figure out what makes it do that. Ive re-plugged in the chip many times now. Also, when the machine is in standby, and i hold the eject button, it does what its supposed to, opens, then auto closes after about 5 seconds. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. amunra

amunra Member

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but was wondering if the v7 will work with a no-solder. Have heard that it does not.Also are you using a gameshark?

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yes the no-solder will work with V7 PS2. -- what did the squealing noise sound like? I had a no-solder chip kill 2 of my PS2's, and it made a whining noise just before it died. do you here a whining noise while the tray is out?

4. schicky47

schicky47 Member

Well the squealing noise happens when i hold down the eject button. the try doesnt actually pop out when i hold it down, it just whines. But the funny thing is, i can play and open the tray normally at any time by just pressing the eject button.

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah the tray will function normally with the chip installed, it's when you hold the eject button in for a few seconds that the chip takes over and does it's thing. if you are hearign any whining at all, i'd yank the chip out. but thats just my opinion, probably becuase i lost 2 systems to that chip.

6. daclown81

daclown81 Member

Hey, I had the same problem. I bought a new chip and installed it and it works. Its either just a bad chip or maybe its not a version 7 chip. The company I bought mine from said it was a version 5/6/7 chip, but all I got was the squealing. I went and ordered elsewhere and I'm up and running now.