1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7 Ps2 Fan Stopped Working.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jdilla, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

ive had this v7 ps2 for about 2 years, and just this week, i noticed that when i was playing a game, the ps2 turned off by itself. the reset/red light was blinking.. i turned it off, and on again. i noticed that the humming from the fan wasnt coming on, so i checked the back of the ps2 and i see that the fan isnt working. i opened the ps2 and i see that the black and grey cables from the fan were pinched really bad so i tought that by stripping both cables and making contact again the fan will turn on. it didnt. If anyone that had this problem in the past can help me out i will really appreciate it. First thing i wanna know is: My fan is Dead?.. if so, getting a new one will do the job? or does the fan have a fuse inside the ps2 that mightve been blown. please help guys. thanks

2. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

anybody? : (

3. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

I had this problem not to long ago, I clipped the 2 wires form the fan and it blew the fuse for the fan which is on the main board and is very small and hard to replace so heres a way around it,
    Extend the 2 wires with some kynar wire and soler the grey wire to a 5v point and the black wire to a ground point and the fan will work.

4. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

thanks matty for the heads up. My Great Friend L_Burna Pm'ed me with this link:

http://www.richspsxparts.com/fan.html

For future reference people; this place sells fans and lenses.thanks l_burna for the link. as soon as the fan gets to me ill post the results, the replacement fan comes just like the stock, just plug it to the mobo

5. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Im not sure that the new fan will solve the problem, if the fuse has blown then the new fan isnt going to work but try it anyway.

6. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

Matty, i was thinking that with this new fan; hopefully my problem goes away. You might be right, i hope you are not :) i saw the grey and black wires were pinched very bad, so im guessing the fan died out, not the fuse. time will tell.. ill keep you posted. thanks for the help matty, i guess you me and you are the only ones to have our fans die on us.