1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v7 & v8 PS2 models

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by sweetlies, Jul 10, 2007.

1. sweetlies

sweetlies Member

I want to mod my PS2 with a Crystal Chip CC 1.1 so I can play burned PS1 and PS2 games, but I'm worried that it won't work with my PS2. It's a SCPH-39001 (either a v7 or v8; don't really know) and ever since I got it, it's -always- had problems playing burned CDs. Sometimes a CD will load on the first try and other times it'll take at least 10 times to load the same CD, and others don't even play! Is this going to affect its ability to play burned PSX games? Does it have anything to do with my version and can I fix this problem with buying a more expensive chip or replacing something?

2. ps2wizz

ps2wizz Regular member

were the burned cds on good quality disks

3. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

A chip won't help your laser read discs - and it's likely that burned discs will be harder for your console to read. However, v7 PS2's typically have good lasers. My guess is that with a quick cleaning of the lens and maybe a bit of adjustment it'll work fine.