1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V9 Matrix Infinity Problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Hsvrss, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Hsvrss

Hsvrss Member

Hey Guys, Just a quick one I recently installed a matrix infinity chip in our V9 Ps2. When I first boot it up it would not load backup ps2 games but when an original was inserted it would come up the the playstation 2 and infinity logo I could also access the matrix menu for the chip by pushing triangle and circle was also able to disable chip..After a few reboots it decided to start loading Ps2 backups so all was good for a day then it went back to only loading originals and has only loaded 2 backups in the last day or so. I have had the Ps2 apart that many times its not funny and have shortened all the wires put larger power and ground wires gone over every solder point but still no luck...just keep getting the insert ps2 disc error. As I said the chip seems to be working just not loading the backups. I have updated to V 1.4 Beta firmware and it was going fine with this even played backup of GT4.. When started to have troubles went back to V 1.38 and then to 1.39 firmware but with no luck...So please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

2. Hsvrss

Hsvrss Member

Hey guy's thanks for all your response....NOT..........Well anyway have fixed the problem with help from the Matrix Team.. Turns out the power supply to the chip was dodgy and I was required to run it from another point on the mother board. had to use a power reducing diode avaliable from any electrical store to drop the power from 5v to 3.3v which the chip requires....after that it was all good loading backups with no trouble at all...

PM me if you want the specs on the diode and the diagram of the point to run it from on the mother board