1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v9 ps2 disc tray problem- tray keeps opening after i slightly took apart ps2 to fix disc read error

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by duboy1, Jul 24, 2007.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Can anyone help me hear. I took apart my ps2 v9 to try and fix my disc read error and now my tray light always blinks until the tray is ejected and will not stay shut. I can close it but then it reopens itself. I opened my ps2 down to clean the laser. Didnt fix my problem. So then since i have the v9, i thought i had to take out the four screws that lift up that whole assembly to reach the two cogs to adjust the laser a little and when i put it back together, my tray started this. Can anyone help? Thanks!

2. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

just to note, i know my dvd tray is propery aligned and will slide in the whole way but it still ejects after it goes in for about 2 seconds. I read about the LA/BA chip. could it be that causing this? I looked at the symptons of it online but mine did not match it so i didnt know what to do. Thanks for the help!

3. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

can anyone help/redirect me anywhere? I looked around a lot, on this site and search engines, but im having 0% of luck. I dunno if i missed something but if someone could point me in the right direction, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!