1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v9 ps2 swap magic cd working!?!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sly_61019, Jan 15, 2004.

1. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

I got a v9 ps2 today. The first thing i did (i think) is look at my memory card to make sure that works. Then i went back to the browser and put in the swap magic cd, and it worked!! I then deleted the dvd remote files off my memory card since i didnt need them anymore and turned off my ps2. When i turned it back on the cd wouldn't work any more. Any thoughts, it worked once, why wouldnt it work again?

2. FD-3S

FD-3S Member

I heard that Sony changed the V.9 PS2. So, the Swap Magic CD won't work. You probably have to buy a Breaker Pro ( It works like SM CD).

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

ok, you totally missed what i said. yes i know sony changed things (breaker pro probably doesn't work anyways), but the swap magic cd loaded once for me.

4. lildarryl

lildarryl Member

I have seen this happen to me 2 with the SW V2.0 DVD. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I have now found a way to get the dvd to work every time. I can't get the SW V2.0 CD to work at all. Is there a way to get the SW V2.0 CD to work on a V9 PS2.

It might work if you boot your PS2 to a Non burned game and after playing for a minuite Turn the system off by holding reset. Open your Flip top cover while system is off and place SM 3.0 CD inside and close the lid. Press the reset to turn on system and see what happens. I dont no if this will work because i dont have SW 3.0.

I would like to no wut happens when it doesnt work.

One other thing Make sure you have a V9 PS2 and Not a V10.

The way to find out is on the original cover. Since the SCPH Codes for the V9 are the exact same as the SCPH Codes for V10 you need to see if there is a symlold the says 3A, 3B, 3C, or 3D at the bottom of the lable. Can be found under the end of the serial number.

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

its a version 9. date code 3C. It worked the first time, now just comes up with the insert ps2 format disc screen.

6. lildarryl

lildarryl Member

see if the disk is bent neer the center and keep slightly benting it untill it works.