1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Van Helsing - Reauthor question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rnaval, Mar 13, 2005.

1. rnaval

rnaval Member

I tried to reauthor Van helsing and found that there are two titles in the Main Movie - Title 1 and 2, both are 6,091 MB - what's the difference between them?

When I play either one, I can't tell the difference.

...RN

2. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

One is the 4:3 Pan scan version. The other is 16:9 widescreen. Which is which? Not sure sorry! That is the difference

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

nohelpme, you are no help in this situation. Just chose the first title. This is a multiple angle movie and if you are going to reauthor, the first tltle is the normal one. [bold]One way to check this in the future is to select the first title and preview it. While it's playing highlight the next title. If it continues to play without stoping then this is the multiple angle title.(this is uslally the case if both titles are the same size)[/bold] There are times when there will be widescreen and a full screen on one dvd, just preview each to see which is which. Same for directors cut and extended cut.

[bold]Previewing is the key.[/bold]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  4. rnaval

rnaval Member

In this case, preview did not help as they both were widescreen. I burned the first title. How can I tell which scenes are multiple angles?

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

When you are watching the movie on your dvd player, click on the angle button on the remote or select a different angle on your dvd player's main menu. Some dvd movies can give you alternate scenes while watching the movie if you select go to the extra or special features menu on the disc itself. It depends on how the disc was set up to view these.

I made the part where I explained how to tell if the extra titles in reauthor mode were multiple angles a little easier to read on my last post in case you missed it.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005