1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vanity at it's worst : What's YOUR latest "aquisition" ? thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by The_Fiend, Mar 21, 2007.

1. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I realised this WAS the only forum that did not cater to this simple form of showing off and drawing attention to one's latest and greatest gains.

So now it does, what's the latest cool thing YOU got yourself, huh ?
    Go on now, tell us, you KNOW you want to ;-)

My latest acquisition is a logitech G15, and boy do i feel like a spoiled 16 year old again :)

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Bought a new lawnmower last month....that reminds me, the grass needs cutting.

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

A new "King Cobra" offset 1 Wood...now to get some Titleist balls!!!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I just noticed that in loco's sig..
    Wazzat old man, you gone golf crazy ? ;-)

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@The_Fiend, Golfers aren't crazy....it's the NON golfers who ARE!!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  6. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Ah, so THAT'S why i'm such a meanspirited b@stard most of the time, i need to start playing golf...
    Thanks for the tip Gwendolin, much appreciated ;-)

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

It's a hell of a lot funner to play golf than to watch it on TV, LOL.

Unfortunantly,I can't make any money to feed the family if I golfed,so I mainly fish!!!!

A 100 pk of Sony +16x, LOL. The bank took my bid for a repo house,so all my money has been saved for that occasion. Hopefully we'll close in middle of april.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

saugmon, so when is the house warming party??

coolest things i got was a 10" compound miter saw, 6" table joiner, combo disc belt sander, 12" drill press, 12" portable planer

9. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

hehe Logitech Rumblepad2 :p

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hmm...i haven't bought anything cool for myself in...damn, a long time. probably my little moleskine notebook that i write all my insane ramblings in.

11. LOCOENG

@gwendolin

I didn't know you hit the links...

@Dan

I've been playing golf for about 11 years, just not very often lately. I went and played two weekends ago for the first time in about 8 months and had a great time. I need to get out of the house more often, and putting the "Titleist" in my sig just serves as a reminder that I can be outside doing something else everytime I see one of my posts.

@ddp

I envy you...didn't know you were into woodworking. That is something else I used to dabble in a bit, need to start refinishing my kitchen cabinets, gut the bathroom and finish laying the hardwood floors. All those projects have been on the backburner for way too long.

12. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Neat thread Fiend!

1. To each his own but to me, golf is about as interesting as watching paint dry. Give me a good hockey game anyday...except in the U.S., they have "rules" ... what's up with that?

2. Aquisitons: I have a rather strange collection of small bronze or marble statues of egyptian, greek and roman soldiers. Here is the most recent: a marble of a roman soldier and chariot about 30 inches long and a 18 inches high and weighs a ton. Its obviously a replica of the original in Rome but an old and pretty valuable one. Whenever the kids are over, my sister is constantly yelling, "Don't play with Uncle Gerry's toys!" LOL

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2007
  13. ireland

ireland Active member

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I also recently bought this as a poignant message to my best friend who has just married his third and nastiest wife yet. He always dated the nicest most personable women then married the nastiest you could imagine...mascochism at its best methinks. I hope I can post this; they had a thing for nekkid people in the old days. Since it hangs in a museum for all to see, I'll take my chances.

[​IMG]

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hmmmm Interesting thread here :)

I guess my latest "me" thing I have bought is TiVO of course the wife thinks it was for her so I should be good for something else soon. LOL ;-) Seeing how golf has came up in this thread I might just go get me some new clubs. That would be kind of hard to convince the wife that those would be for her though. :-( The TivO is awesome though I am not sure how I lived without it before.

16. ddp

loco, the problem i have is i don't have a proper workshop with room to use this stuff properly. i've redone 6 rooms in our house with another 6 to do. that doesn't include the rewiring & replumbing i've done

17. LOCOENG

I feel your pain...The only storage or "shop" space I have is my one car garage (which a car has never been parked in). It is full of benches I have bought and made and shelving I have bought and made. I really would like to get a tablesaw, but room restrictions prohibit that, so I make due with the tailgate of my pickup and a skill saw.

18. LOCOENG

UPDATE: Just bought a new grill from Lowes...tomorrow will be hamburgers and beer swilling.

19. ddp

cheeseburger please!!!

20. LOCOENG

Hold the mayo?