1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vanity at it's worst : What's YOUR latest "aquisition" ? thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by The_Fiend, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Haha, I think "music etc" must have given me away ;-P

Yep, big drives are great - specially as they're portable :D

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Latest aqcuisitions : 2 500 GB seagate SATAII drives for my backup/storage server, a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
    *that's a noise gate, for all you guitar playing cats out there ;-)*
    that will be coming in tomorrow afternoon, some extra thick, shielded guitar cables, and 2 EMG 81 pickups.
    *ordered all this tonight, will have it delivered @ work tomorrow, so i can install the pickups there, saves me some mess @ home*
    I spoil myself too much.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2007
  3. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

well, my Uncle and I just finished a 68' corvette GTO. Runs awesomely but feels like crap. Due to the fact that in 68 they had no clue on how to make a stable sports car. But hey, awesome accelaration but no fu**ing way we can get over 150, if we did the bolts and screws would probably come ratlin' out, like in the movies. Still awesome though, hope I don't loose my temps because of it though XD Can't fricken wait to see how far I can take it on Friday's spring break.

--edit

This is pretty much it:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/3000/68seb86.jpg
    Only ours is darker, deep maroon shiney! :)
    But with a car like this (crappy) you might as well have a convertible. It's about $27,000 but soon we'll be doing a couple $120,000's pretty soon. Roushe engines and all... (leading off topic now, yay for me!)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

A playpen and a car seat from Wal-Mart, for my daughter kinzie!!

As usual,daddy got hosed again, LOL

5. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

i havent bought anything recently, but hopefully in a few months ill be getting the parts i need to build my desktop. either that or im gonna upgrade my system in my car, its pretty good now, but it could be better. but i havent decide which one i want to do yet.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Nicht...
    I don't think that's true; I think American car companies didn't know how to make a sports car but the Europeans did. Years ago, I had a 1966 TR-6 which was awesome ... it drove like a true british sports car; it really hugged the road even at high speeds and with a large 6 with large single barrel carbs, the thing could fly! One thing about them though was that some were really tough and never broke down or they were lemons and broke down once a week. There seemed to be nothing in between. My brother in law had a vet in the 70s; it was very powerful and could really haul but it didn't handle back roads or winding roads very well ... handled more like a big sedan on such roads.

Edit: I can't type worth a crap!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2007
  7. ireland

ireland Active member

I JUST GOT THIS HP Photosmart this morning as a back to my back up printer.D7360 $149.00 at office max...

If printers were evaluated by first impressions, the HP Photosmart D7360 would be flying off the shelves. The D7360 is impressive: it's well designed, easy to use, fast, and has an adjustable 3.4-inch touchscreen LCD -- that's right, touchscreen.

Thanks to this touchscreen, the D7360 printer has very few of the buttons that typically clutter the front of many photo printers. That doesn't meant that it's stripped, though. In fact, it's chock full of features -- they're just behind that screen. Even better, the D7360 is priced quite reasonably at $199.

The Photosmart D7360 uses six separate color ink cartridges to produce quality photos. Plenty of memory card slots, PictBridge printing, and an optional USB Bluetooth adapter means you can print without the help of a computer.

What's more, the name Photosmart fits. We immediately loaded the printer with inks and paper without reading the manual. The inks were extremely easy to load. Same with the paper -- except for one minor detail, we loaded the paper (Advanced Photo Paper) upside down. The printer spitted it out and told us to reload correctly. Now that's smart. Like the HP Photosmart 8250 (see our review), the D7360 uses "Auto Sense" technology to detect HP paper size and type (including the newly formulated Advanced Photo paper - built for faster printing and drying).

MORE INFO HERE
    http://www.printerspot.com/reviews/hp/photosmart_d7360-review/

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Quite a coincidence....I was looking at one at lunchtime! I keep thinking of buying a new one; mine is older than god!

9. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I know that alot of you are going to freak when I tell you this but... it is just a personal opinion.

15 Inch MACBOOK PRO 2.33GHz
    * 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    * 1440 x 900 pixels
    * 2GB memory
    * 250GB hard drive @ 5400 RPM
    * 8x double-layer SuperDrive
    * ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics with 256MB SDRAM

It comes next week!

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

We won't judge you ....mac lover.

10 bags of shock for the pool.

11. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

This will be my first mac...
    I have owned 3 windows pcs, and the main reason I am switching is because of the video editing I want to do with Aperture HD. We also use Mac's in our Photo Lab at school so I will be able to bring this in to work on my work... because I will get to Install whatever software I want on it that the School has. PhotoShop CS3 here I come.

~Domreis

12. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

You lucky little sob you :)
    Macbooks are great *hell, anything non microsoft that is portable is great*

13. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I am glad you agree. I am really looking forward to it.

14. LOCOENG

/me pukes

15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I got a sizable income tax return this year which, contrary to my nature, I used to pay off bills but I did save $600 to buy myself a treat. I could afford to lose a few pounds so I thought about buying one of those eliptical exercisers but thought better of it; the last thing I need is another coat rack. I can't decide what kind of treat I want to buy myself; I thought of getting a 24X36 oil of the following because it reminds me of me and my mom:

[​IMG]

16. LOCOENG

LMAO...good looking family portrait there gerry.

17. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I didn't know you and your mom were monkeys!

18. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

gerry, did you star in the clint eastwood movies as clyde the orangatan??

19. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yeah, last thing I bought was this..

[​IMG]

I did eat it all on the walk home.. So, went for a 2 1/2 hour bike ride to work off all that crap i just ate :p

It's all good

20. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry1 watch for a update to ye baby pix
    as to the real you...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    baby gerry1

p/s how about ye all post a real pix of ye self!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007