1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Variable Frame Rate?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by bandit789, Jan 15, 2005.

1. bandit789

bandit789 Member

Hello,
    I wanted to burn some of my video files which have variable frame rate, but when I tried encoding it in TMPGEnc and tested it on my DVD player, a lot of parts (mostly the higher frame rate parts) were choppy and shakey.

Does anyone know how to encode Variable Frame Rate to be burned onto DVD? If so, please help!

Thanks in advance!
    -Bandit

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i think you you can't.
    i think you need to encode at 29.976fps

3. bandit789

bandit789 Member

Hmm, when I converted the original file into a .m2v, I set it to 29.97 fps, but there were still parts that were really choppy.

Weird part is a managed to make an AVI out of the same original file, but it isn't choppy at all... however the AVI doesn't have the right dimensions, and DVD-Lab doesn't support AVI, so that doesn't really help me.

Anyone else have a suggestion?
    -Bandit

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i have never done this. but if it was me, i think i would manually duplicate the frames first. avisynth can do this. so does virtualdub and tmpgenc.

that way you can view the results before encoding.

5. bandit789

bandit789 Member

Thanks.
    Hmm, sounds like an appropriate solution. However it may be worth mentioning that it is a .MKV file. I hope that doesn't complicate things too much, because VirtualDub doesn't support mkv, so will it work in VirtualDubMod? And I hope you don't mean manually duplicating the frames...but I guess there isn't any other way.

If there is an easier way, would someone please share?
    -Bandit

6. shiroh

shiroh Guest