1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VAST memory card????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by boosbaby, Sep 16, 2007.

1. boosbaby

boosbaby Member

ive been searching google for like a half hour now, i cant find release date for vast memory card i am very interested since i cant do the whole slide card thing i gave up on that and i was about to buy a chip and attempt to install it my self which prolly isnt good idea. does anyone know when this plug and play is comming out i read an article from august 27 and it said 2 weeks which its been now....and i still cant find it....can anyone turn me in right direction please?

2. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

I wouldn't get your hopes up, but if it is real, I doubt that it would come out on time.

3. jared2112

jared2112 Member

Yeah, from the screenshots I saw it might be real but nobody really knows when and if it will be released. I'm just going to buy a modchip to solder in, since hardwired chips are always better than other methods for booting backups.

4. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Is there any new info on the vast card? I can't seem to find any recent news.

5. jared2112

jared2112 Member

Me neither, It was probably just some sick and cruel joke.

6. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I dunno, they had awfully convincing evidence that makes me believe its legit.

They are probably stuck in some sort of manufacturing process OR Sony may have caught on to their story and is preventing release due to the fact that the vast card was supposedly going to use Sony's secure Magic Gate technology. As far as I know only Sony authorized products are allowed the use of Magic Gate and I can't imagine that they'd allow this device to use their technology lol.