1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VBO to DVD with IFOEdit

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TinTin, Feb 19, 2003.

1. TinTin

TinTin Guest

O.K. i have a bunch of VOB files. I used IFOEdit to create IFO files, then burn my AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS to my DVD-R.My movie works pretty well on my computer but not on my DVD player. It just stops at track1 .Please help. Is there any better way?

2. malum

malum Regular member

did you do 'Get VTS Sectors' on the IFO's that ifoedit created?

It won't work if you don't

3. TinTin

TinTin Guest

THANKS FOR THE TIP. BUT NOW MY MOVIE HAS NO SOUND AND I CAN'T JUMP TO THE NEXT CHAPTER.
    PLEASE HELP.
    THANKS YOU ALL FOR ALL THE HELP.
    IT WAS VERY HELPFUL.

4. malum

malum Regular member

Are these VOBs the same movie?
    If they are just VOB that are not connected to each other you need to 'join' them together using VOB edit.

Search the forum for 'join clips'

and there's no need to shout

5. TinTin

TinTin Guest

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP MALUM. OK, I USED "VOB edit"
    TO JOIN THE VOB'S FROM TWO DIFFERENT MOVIES. I FOLLLOWED ALL THE STEPS, BUT STILL CAN'T GET AUDIO FOR THE FIRST PART OF MY DVD-R. I SURFED THE NET TRYING TO FIND A CLUE. I FOUND IFOEDit GUIDE. IT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT CHANGING AUDIO CHANELS BUT FRANKLY IT'S HARD TO UNDERSTAND. WELL I WELCOME ANY IDEA. AGAIN THANKS.

6. malum

malum Regular member

turn the caps lock off.

How many VOB's do you have and does the sound work in them before you join them?

7. TinTin

TinTin Guest

I have 7 VOB files from 2 different sources. They all have audio before being joined. After "VOB edit" I have 5 VOB's and audio is fine. But after using IFOEdit,"GET VTS " and burning process my DVD-R doesn't have sound for the first part of the movie.

8. malum

malum Regular member

Does the finished compilation have sound when played from the HD before you burn it?
    Does the burnt DVD have sound when played on the PC?
    Do all the VOBs have the same type of sound (ie 5:1, Stereo or DTS?)

I ask because it might help someone else answer your problem. I'm not sure i can help further as I don't have a great deal of experience in joining clips together.

9. TinTin

TinTin Guest

I think it got something to do with IFOEdit setup. Because when I play VOB itself it has sound (on both compilation and DVD-R). But when I start with IFO the sound is gone.I'm not sure about the sound type. I think they're different.
    I heard you can fix that with IFOEdit but it's pretty complicated. I have to say I'm not not an expert in IFOEdit user. Thanks for all your help. I appreciated.